theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Disney Cruise - Transport Question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=997368)

fd1972uk 29 Dec 16 01:02 AM

Disney Cruise - Transport Question

Hi All,

We've went ahead and booked our Disney trip for next October.

We're away for 11 nights with a 3 night Bahamas Cruise.

Question is, it looks like $35 dollar per person (3 of us) from our hotel (All Star Music) which will pick us up for our trip on 20th October, however the thing is we don't leave back home until the 24th October and we would be returning to possibly All Star or another hotel (might look at a DVC if possible) as we would be returning on 23rd October.

Do I have to make alternative plans to get back to resort? Or does the Cruise Transportation return to resort too, at I'm guessing another $35 each?

TIA

FD

Bellasmummy 29 Dec 16 02:43 AM

Prices are each way.

We hired a car for the day for each journey, collected at Disney the day before and returned at the port then the reverse on the way back. Was about £30 for the day so cheaper than the transfers. Nice drive too and we could arrive when we wanted to.

disneymadhouse 29 Dec 16 01:46 PM

Hi Frank, we used a town car to and from the port. We don't drive in Florida so car hire wasn't an option for us.
Also, keep in mind that the Disney transport doesn't pick up from the resorts until late morning or even nearer to lunchtime! I like to get to an early P.A.T to be able to spend as much time on the ship as possible! :)

fd1972uk 29 Dec 16 02:49 PM

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Hi Claire, hope your well. How much was the town car, if you don't mind me asking? You're right about the pick up time as it would be good to spend a lot of time on the boat anyway to get as much out the day as possible.

FD

disneymadhouse 29 Dec 16 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fd1972uk (Post 12179989)
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Hi Claire, hope your well. How much was the town car, if you don't mind me asking? You're right about the pick up time as it would be good to spend a lot of time on the boat anyway to get as much out the day as possible.

FD

Hi Frank, yes good thanks!

I don't know the exact price of the town car sorry! We booked a multi trip with Florida Magical tours so don't have the exact breakdown. Ours was $395 and that was MCO to OKW, OkW to PC and PC to AoA. From memory it was about $65 in 2012 for MCO to OKW. I don't know that prices would have risen that much. So based on that it was probably around $330 return to and from PC. Gratuity was included, but the porter at the port when we arrived wasn't ;)

If you message them through here then they will happily give you a price, and a bit of a Dibb discount I believe. We have used them for 2 holidays now, and have found the service excellent. :)

fd1972uk 2 Jan 17 11:18 AM

Thanks again for that, it is quite a bit of money by the looks of things, I'll look a little into it and weigh up the prices. Not sure how much time we'd save in the long run.

FD

Bats 10 Jan 17 06:00 PM

We do the one way car hires every time. Get to the rental office for around 9:30, get their shuttle to the port, job done.

In reverse on the way back ... we get off the ship early so we're first on the shuttles, then take a leisurely drive back to WDW or MCO. :)

We use Alamo Brits

fd1972uk 11 Jan 17 01:23 AM

Yeah that is another option, but defo one I don't want to take.

I drive for a living, and fancy the time off from the wheel, we hired on our last trip which was great, but not this time.

May just elect to go with Disney Line.

FD

disneymadhouse 11 Jan 17 03:31 PM

Frank, did you get my PM? :)

fd1972uk 12 Jan 17 11:43 PM

Hi Claire,

No, never did.

If you resend it, hopefully get it then. :)

FD