theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Sorry - Need to vent (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1072647)

MistaMackay 1 Apr 18 09:54 PM

Sorry - Need to vent

So my wife and I both come from quite large families. My lot are very family orientated (except a few members!) and see each other regularly my wife’s only really at special occasions again Barr a few aunts etc.

So today’s Easter Sunday. My kids seen my dad and that’s it. My brothers and sisters sent messages and eggs down with my dad. All except my eldest brother. Not text call which didn’t bother me until I seen on a mutual friends Facebook post that he and my sister in law had organised a “family” bbq and Easter we’ve hunt but only sil family and friends were invited. Not even my dad.
My brother regularly dips in and out of our family but this has really annoyed me.

Then see another post where my wife’s dad and his new wife have had a “grandparents day out” again with only her granddaughter and no acknowledgment at all of our four kids.
Not seen or heard from them in over a year.
No Christmas or birthday messages for the kids either.

It’s really annoyed me on both parts however but my wife thinks I shouldn’t be bothered by it but I can’t help it!

Aannddd breathe! Thanks and apologies again 😁

Plato 1 Apr 18 09:57 PM

The evils of social media! Stop checking out everyone else's lives and live your own... it's much more important!

Guest 1 Apr 18 09:59 PM

Life' s too short - move on. You can choose your friends but not your family.

MistaMackay 1 Apr 18 10:02 PM

Definitely! Strange how some friends become more family than family!
Only reason I really have Facebook is to keep in contact with friends and family spread across the world. Can feel a mute spree coming on though 😆
Cheers guys

Guest 1 Apr 18 10:08 PM

I got rid of facebook and twitter years ago and never started on instagram or snapchat - the limit of my social media is here on the Dibb

Strangely the people I like and those that like me still manage to keep in contact though

Lisa123wm 1 Apr 18 10:13 PM

I really couldn’t care less about stuff like that tbh.
Get on with your own life and leave them to it.

hutton5 1 Apr 18 10:25 PM

Family can be so selfish. Do what's best for you and your kids and let everyone else run on.

Bianca 1 Apr 18 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plato (Post 13156579)
The evils of social media! Stop checking out everyone else's lives and live your own... it's much more important!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Don't give anyone else (family or otherwise), that much power to influence your mood and well-being. Rightly or wrongly, they're going to do what they're going to do.

MistaMackay 1 Apr 18 10:32 PM

Thanks everyone!
Just so fed up of us trying our hardest not to leave anyone out and then this stuff happens! Even my really elderly Aunt managed to pick up the phone from Canada 🙄

Me and my brood from now on! Focus on our trip next year and thats it!

duchy 1 Apr 18 10:35 PM

If you've not seen any of them in over a year then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Relationships in families do ebb and flow sometimes.
Personally I'd just "like " the posts, comment you are glad they had a lovely day ... and forget about it.