theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Trippity Doo Dah - My Oh My What A Wonderful Day Oct/Nov 19 Day 5 Epcot And Cali Grill And Check Out (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1151618)

Mexy02 3 Nov 19 01:41 PM

Trippity Doo Dah - My Oh My What A Wonderful Day Oct/Nov 19 Day 5 Epcot And Cali Grill And Check Out

Hooray check out day, we were on our way to Bahama Bay . 🥰🥰
Anyway we had garden grill breakfast first , love this place and the food so no complaints at all . Service excellent as well. No photos of the food because we were starving and demolished it before I remember , so you can have a photo of dh with Mickey 🥰🥰.

We used a few of our anytime fp that the Dvc gave us then headed back to pick up the shuttle to get our car . Epcot was very busy at 11am because of the marathon , glad we weren't staying in the park .
We went and got our car and had to upgrade but no biggy , we got a dodge caravan , nice car . And off to BB .
I love this resort and the apartment is perfect ❤️❤️❤️
So we headed to Disney springs once settled in tuning we had enough time before our California grill reservation at 7:50pm . ( it was just gone 2:30pm) . Oh how wrong were we , we spent over 2 hrs trying to get out gift card ( still not got it yet as that was a farce in world of Disney ) and time going to Disney guest services and the goofeys store manager on the phone for us trying to convert ts credits into either snack or qs so we could use some at ghiradelli as you cannot use ts in there . Total farce and we didn't leave ds until 6:30 ! They couldn't do anything regarding conversion but she bent over backwards to sort us out .

Anyway back to the good stuff , despite the mad dash to get changed we just made it to the contemporary .
Love this resort and I regret not booking it in the first place 😥😥 anyway CG just wow. I have no idea why I had previously cancelled our meals here.
The best meal we have had so far and we have had some cracking meals . The service was exceptional , the view made me tearful after all the crap we've had , Disney did this good.

They noticed it was my birthday next week , little things mane a difference , these were all over the table 😍

Ravioli stater , dh wouldn't even share it .

Tomato bisque ❤️

Scallop and lobster main , Devine

Beef ( sooty I started eating it and dh was demolishing his ) , melted like butter . Excellent

Chocolate cake ❤️

Cheesecake ( again sorry 😉)

Birthday cake 🎉🎉🎉🥰

The view through the window, we end out onto the left side viewing deck , less crowded and a better view imo .

And the bill, the sidecars were amazing . Mum rarely drinks but she loved it . Dh missed out as he was now driving , we will have to go back someday 😉

Overall despite all our accommodation issues , the accident and shocking customer service at the yacht , we loved having the dxddp ( didn't quite use it due to the accident and having to cancel a meal ). Over previous trips I've found Disney food service to be dire at times but this trip I have to say every meal had been spot on. Would I pay oop ? Only for CG if it was a special occasion and the only meal onsite . Would I do ddp again , yes I think we would but I'd choose resort very carefully . I'll tot up the totals when I have a minute .

If you are following along thank you for reading ❤️ I appreciate it x

app 3 Nov 19 02:04 PM

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 3 Nov 19 1:04 PM.

Melbatb 3 Nov 19 03:26 PM

The food looks amazing- so glad you were spoilt!

I hope the rest of the trip is fabulous!

caitlinsmummy 4 Nov 19 09:30 PM

Wow I can't believe how much of a chew on you've had in these first few days! It definitely looks like California Grill has made it up for you though, I always hear exceptional reviews of it and can't wait to be able to try it ourselves xx

mick 5 Nov 19 08:03 PM

Sounds like a great meal at CG :spin:glad you enjoyed it

Joan :wave:

Rescuer 16 Nov 19 01:11 AM

Looks like a brilliant meal at California Grill.

Plus you can’t beat that view from the Contemporary!

THECRAZYMOUSE 27 Nov 19 07:24 PM

Lovely pics today. especially the half eaten food ones ;):pgig:

So how many credits did you have left? At least after everything else that happened, you loved the deluxe dining plan :)

Mexy02 27 Nov 19 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE (Post 14187028)
Lovely pics today. especially the half eaten food ones ;):pgig:

So how many credits did you have left? At least after everything else that happened, you loved the deluxe dining plan :)

I’m crap at food photos , the lighting was bad or blurred or we had all started eating it :pgig:.

We had 10ts and 21 snack left ( I think ) but saying that we would do ddp again especially the deluxe and it’s the main thing swaying us from going back next year and seeing what April brings . We might see what the 2020 usa ddp offer is . It was a shame we didn’t get the extra meal in but the previous events knocked us a bit .
To be fair I could just do the holiday all over again now because the run up was pants to say the least for us all .