theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sapphire Falls or Cabana Bay (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1214498)

princessnicki 5 Feb 22 10:36 AM

Sapphire Falls or Cabana Bay

I have booked Sapphire Falls for my husbands 40th, it seemed a better fit for us as we dont have children and the Rum Tavern looks cool. My husband loves the theming of Cabana Bay though and he loves the Volcano Bay view rooms. What are peoples experiences of both hotels? I think Cabana Bay will be a bit more on the family friendly side and Sapphire Falls seems more adult. Ultimately its his birthday so i will be happy with whatever he chooses, just interested to know what other people think of each one.

loldis 5 Feb 22 11:14 AM

I prefer the look of SF (or Aventura for even more adult vibes) but if he likes CB, that's what I would book regardless since it's for his birthday.

Claudette 5 Feb 22 12:18 PM

I haven’t been to either but I have researched, as an adult only party, and have concluded the same as you. For me I would pick Sapphire Falls as being less family friendly.

But I think in your particular scenarios it would have to be a Volcano Bay view room at Caabana Beach. :)

Gill H 5 Feb 22 12:53 PM

Are there volcano bay view rooms at SF also?

We have not stayed at either yet but we did some research. Like you we are an adult only party and we concluded SF would suit us better. Also the boat/walk to the parks was a big factor rather than the bus at CB.

We finally settled on RPR though, as that will give us 3 days of express passes for a 2 night stay, which offset the higher price.

princessnicki 5 Feb 22 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15313076)
I prefer the look of SF (or Aventura for even more adult vibes) but if he likes CB, that's what I would book regardless since it's for his birthday.

I think SF is more for us but i agree its his birthday so will definitely go with what he chooses in the end :)

princessnicki 5 Feb 22 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 15313167)
I haven’t been to either but I have researched, as an adult only party, and have concluded the same as you. For me I would pick Sapphire Falls as being less family friendly.

But I think in your particular scenarios it would have to be a Volcano Bay view room at Caabana Beach. :)

He loves views so i think CB will be what he ends up choosing, the theming is pretty cool for both though. I think we need to rewatch the vlogs of both :)

princessnicki 5 Feb 22 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 15313200)
Are there volcano bay view rooms at SF also?

We have not stayed at either yet but we did some research. Like you we are an adult only party and we concluded SF would suit us better. Also the boat/walk to the parks was a big factor rather than the bus at CB.

We finally settled on RPR though, as that will give us 3 days of express passes for a 2 night stay, which offset the higher price.

I will have a look into that and see if there are VB views at SF. I love the idea of the boat too. CB has the bowling alley and quirky rooms so i guess there are pros and cons for each. RPR looks amazing and the pass is for sure a great perk :)

figment05 5 Feb 22 01:28 PM

dont think SF has volcano views as Cabana bay and aventura are in the way

princessnicki 5 Feb 22 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figment05 (Post 15313256)
dont think SF has volcano views as Cabana bay and aventura are in the way

Thank you for the info :)

Jimsdadhalifax 5 Feb 22 07:05 PM

The huge bonus with the Universal hotels is the pool hopping option - so you can book Cabana Bay and still spend plenty of time at Sapphire Falls as well to see how you like each resort.

We are looking at both of these resorts for this summer - Sapphire Falls is my slight preference but they both look great.