theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   7th Time's a Charm - November 2021 Day 2 Animal Kingdom (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1208147)

Rebecca_ 12 Nov 21 01:06 PM

7th Time's a Charm - November 2021 Day 2 Animal Kingdom

Index is here

Today has been a long day! I woke up at 4:20am ish but J managed to sleep until 6am when the alarm went off. Today we were headed to Animal Kingdom for early entry. Despite getting up so early we ended up leaving a bit later than I wanted - we got to the park about 10 minutes before early entry started. After our experience yesterday with SDMT we weren't sure whether to head straight to Pandora with the masses or try to get a few of the less popular attractions out of the way first. Flight of Passage won and so we went straight there. It ended up taking us 40 minutes to get to first pre show room. I just love this ride, it amazes me every time 😍

After this we decided to ride Na'vi River Journey which had a 25 minute wait. Then we checked the app to see where to head next and Dinosaur was only a 5 minute wait so off we went to Dinoland USA. Dinosaur was great as always - I hope they don't get rid of this ride! We walked over to Asia and were about to ride Everest... but I made a rookie mistake this morning and wore some new shoes which were very uncomfortable and were already starting to give me a blister. I knew I wouldn't last the whole day so we decided to pop back to the hotel so I could change into something more comfortable. All Stars is only about a 10 minute bus ride from Animal Kingdom so it didn't take us too long. We had a quick sit down in the room for half an hour and had some snacks to keep us going til lunch time. We were back at the park by 11:30am and took some photopass pictures with the Xmas tree and the tree of life.

Today was Veteran's Day and I wasn't sure what impact it would have on the crowds but it was busy. Everything had long waits and it was starting to get really hot so we decided to head to Africa and watch the 12:30pm showing of A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King. The queue for this was super long and I wasn't sure if we'd get in, but we just about made it. The show wasn't quite as good as the original FOTLK but it was worth a watch and nice to have a sit down for half an hour.

We then went over to Yak & Yeti Restaurant for lunch. We didn't pick the best time as it was a 45 minute wait for a table with our Landry card. But as everything was just so busy we didn't mind sitting in the AC & waiting for our table. We got seated at around 2pm. We ordered 2 non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris, wok fried green beans, chicken lo mein and bhaktapur duck - total bill was $81.01. We signed up for a Landry card shortly before this trip and got a $30 reward off our meal.

While we were eating it started to rain. We finished our lunch at 3pm and decided to do Kilimanjaro Safari which had a 40 minute wait. The animals were very active and we managed to see a lot. Once we were off we had a walk through gorilla trails and again saw loads of animals. The gorillas were just great - we could have stood and watched them for so much longer. But time was getting on and there were still a few attractions we wanted to get done today.

Everest was showing a 25 minute wait so we did that and then planned to watch the 5:15pm Kite Tails show. Unfortunately because of bad weather incoming it was cancelled - I'm not too disappointed because I've heard the show isn't the best!

We had an hour before the Tree of Life Awakenings projection show was due to start. We went to Dinoland USA to ride TriceraTop Spin - while we were in the queue the rain started getting heavy, but we still rode and it was good fun. From here we headed to It's Tough To Be A Bug. After doing this attraction so many times my favourite part is definitely the reactions of the audience who are doing it for the first time... a little girl behind us let out the most blood curdling scream at the part with the spiders 😁

We had 10 minutes to go before the show started so went to find our spot. It was VERY busy - we walked by later though and the crowd was minimal so if you're planning on watching this don't go to the first showing! I found it a bit underwhelming and wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

We wanted to ride Everest in the dark so back we headed to Asia. The posted wait time was 15 minutes but it was actually a walk on. I love this ride and it's even better in the dark, so we rode it twice. We got off at 6:45pm and the park was closing at 7pm. We decided to power walk over to Pandora to have another ride on Flight of Passage. We entered the queue with just a few minutes to spare. Wait time was listed as 115 minutes but again it only took us 40 minutes to get to the first pre show room.

Once off we had a slow walk towards the exit, stopping to take some photos of Pandora in the dark. It's just beautiful, the pictures don't do it justice. We didn't have to wait to long for a bus and were back at the hotel for 8:30pm.

Even though today was a busy one we still managed to get a fair bit done - the only things I'd have liked to have done were the bird show and animation experience. We will probably come back for half a day to get those done. But so far we're coping ok without Genie+, although we are planning on using it for just one day at Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for reading - Blizzard Beach and Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

mick 12 Nov 21 07:16 PM

Another great day :spin:

Joan:wave:

loves2plan 12 Nov 21 07:23 PM

Good to hear that you're getting on okay without G+ so far, even though it's a busy weekend. I'm thinking we might use it at HS too, so will be interested to hear how you get on with it :)

OB1LukeLucas 12 Nov 21 07:51 PM

Another fab day, you definitely managed to fit loads in even without genie+ I do love you got to ride FOP twice.

orlandoamber 12 Nov 21 09:43 PM

That photo of pandora at night is beautiful!

Goldia 13 Nov 21 01:12 PM

A good idea to go back and change your shoes rather than trying to persevere. Two rides in a row of Everest in the dark is a brilliant end to the day.

walt4it 14 Nov 21 11:34 PM

You managed to get so much done in Animal kingdom - love Flight of Passage and Everest in the dark is such a fab experience.A great day:thumbs-up

CrazyBaby 16 Nov 21 11:40 PM

sounds like you had a great day, absolutely love your photos!

caitlinsmummy 18 Nov 21 10:57 PM

Another fab day, thank you for updating with wait times without Genie+ especially on a Bank Holiday! X

flo-tinka 19 Nov 21 06:54 AM

Loved AK at night even before Pandora, looks amazing with it :)