theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Guests stuck for hours on Disney's New 'Skyliner' Cable Car Transport System (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1148500)

Stu 6 Oct 19 08:41 AM

Guests stuck for hours on Disney's New 'Skyliner' Cable Car Transport System

Disney's newest addition to their transportation system which only opened 29 September 2019 seems to have suffered a power outage which appears to have left some guests stuck for more than 2 hours.

Guests stuck in their gondolas were instructed to use the emergency kits located beneath the seats, the emergency kit includes water and cooling pads.

Reports are saying that one of the gondolas departing the Riviera Resort station became stuck causing gondolas behind to pile up which then caused a shut down of the system.

The Reedy Creek Fire department were quickly on site with cherry pickers to start evacuating guests stuck in the air. There doesn't seem to have been any reports of injuries.

Disney_time 6 Oct 19 08:43 AM

Oh dear had to happen at least once! Hope no Dibbers on board

nadya 6 Oct 19 09:02 AM

Would be my worst nightmare!,glad everyone is ok

sha9 6 Oct 19 09:04 AM

I had already planned never to use it, this guarantees it!

boltyboy 6 Oct 19 09:07 AM

Can you imagine being stuck in a pod in the blistering heat for more than 15 minutes. You would be cooked like a chicken.

duchy 6 Oct 19 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltyboy (Post 14112758)
Can you imagine being stuck in a pod in the blistering heat for more than 15 minutes. You would be cooked like a chicken.

Still too hot but looks like this was the evening.
Saw a fb post from someone who was on it. She said three hours . CMs were standing by when they got off with water , $100 gift cards and two day hoppers.
I'm not sure that would have been sufficient pixie dust for me !

salmon70 6 Oct 19 09:21 AM

One Twitter user commented that he and his mum received $100 each and a 2 day park hopper pass each.

salmon70 6 Oct 19 09:24 AM

Not sure if anyone has seen the photo of one guest having to zip wire from the top of one of the gondolas over the water! Think I'll srill stick to the buses.

boltyboy 6 Oct 19 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchy (Post 14112776)
Still too hot but looks like this was the evening.
Saw a fb post from someone who was on it. She said three hours . CMs were standing by when they got off with water , $100 gift cards and two day hoppers.
I'm not sure that would have been sufficient pixie dust for me !

I guess you could say if it was going to happen it was best during night fall. I would honestly say if you were stuck in one for 3 hours during the heat of summer people would die, I don't think that is an over exaggeration.

Kat11 6 Oct 19 09:25 AM

Oh dear!

Kat