theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   How’s the WiFi now in Disney Parks? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1143140)

CarolynU 26 Aug 19 02:24 PM

How’s the WiFi now in Disney Parks?

Do the parks now have better WiFi coverage in each one? Does it still drop out constantly?
I’m with O2 and even when I purchased data my speeds were very very slow loading pages?
Anyone bought a cheap US phone and some kind of cheap way of using it for roaming?

Vanillapod 26 Aug 19 03:26 PM

I think it’s worse!
I don’t remember it being so bad before.
Animal Kingdom is the worst.

Re roaming, I’m with o2 and mine has switched to TMobile. DS and OH are Vodafone and they’ve switched to AT&T which seems to be better than TMobile for DS but isn’t working at all for OH despite numerous online chats with Vodafone 🤷
I tried selecting AT&T in my roaming options but although it registers, it doesn’t work

dubletrub 26 Aug 19 03:45 PM

We are with 3 and had no problems at all with the wifi in the parks. Sometimes had to log back in but it was always fast enough for us

Edited to add we didn't always notice it had logged us out as with 3 we automatically went onto data which we had no problems with either.

CarolynU 26 Aug 19 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanillapod (Post 14037431)
I think it’s worse!
I don’t remember it being so bad before.
Animal Kingdom is the worst.

Re roaming, I’m with o2 and mine has switched to TMobile. DS and OH are Vodafone and they’ve switched to AT&T which seems to be better than TMobile for DS but isn’t working at all for OH despite numerous online chats with Vodafone 🤷
I tried selecting AT&T in my roaming options but although it registers, it doesn’t work

Oh good grief! How can it get worse? I suppose sheer volume of people!
I’ve actually discovered that I can upgrade my phone take out a new contract with more data and inclusive USA roaming for not much more than adding on a travel inclusive plan outside Europe so I might do that!
Can’t believe we only get 3G though if the company throttles us back which O2 does!

CarolynU 26 Aug 19 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubletrub (Post 14037483)
We are with 3 and had no problems at all with the wifi in the parks. Sometimes had to log back in but it was always fast enough for us

I think 3 seems to get the best reviews. The trouble is that I’m not sure of the Three coverage where I live.

BevS97 26 Aug 19 04:23 PM

I had a 3 sim and also used the Wi-Fi and had no problems at all. I used my phone all over the parks and on the buses and it worked all the time.

DisneyWannabe 26 Aug 19 04:29 PM

We used 3 sims, but didn't find the wifi very good, especially in HS. I wanted to get another fastpass after we had used our 3 at midday and no matter what I did could I get it to load.

Tried to use it on 3G too and wasn't much better tbh.

CarolynU 26 Aug 19 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS97 (Post 14037577)
I had a 3 sim and also used the Wi-Fi and had no problems at all. I used my phone all over the parks and on the buses and it worked all the time.

Umm maybe should investigate three rather than upgrade O2!
I’m in a very sketchy area at home for coverage that’s the additional prob and I know O2 works here not sure about Three. Don’t want to solve one prob and create a different one.

BevS97 26 Aug 19 04:37 PM

You don’t need to move to three permanently. Just temporarily while in the states. We got a 1 month payg card.

Guest 26 Aug 19 04:42 PM

I just used my data on the Vodafone red entertainment package.
Cost me nothing .
WiFi was ≈≈≈≈ in the parks ,especially POFQ and the universal ones