theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   OKW prices went up? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1151932)

GoofyK 6 Nov 19 11:39 AM

OKW prices went up?

I’m still in search for one missing night for our trip so I’m constantly on WDW website. Today I notice, after the free dinning offer finish the price for a 2 bedroom had jump from £568 a night to £735 a night? Wow! Does it mean if I do find avail for the night I want to merge to my booking I now have the pay the new higher price?

Guest 6 Nov 19 12:22 PM

Did you ever ring them and ask about adding another night on? I am assuming it would have been consecutive so definitely one booking?

I booked OKW a while back and the price had been consistent and I know I could have added a day on at same rate as I thought about it. I think at this point it really would be better to get on the phone but otherwise yes I think you will be paying whatever the price is today.

You are right about the increases, I have just priced up what we have booked for April 2020 and the same holiday, if I booked it today would cost £2200 more for an eleven night stay! :erm:

GoofyK 6 Nov 19 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14161487)
You are right about the increases, I have just priced up what we have booked for April 2020 and the same holiday, if I booked it today would cost £2200 more for an eleven night stay! :erm:

Wow £2200 no free dinning. That’s a lot!

I didn’t think prices could jump that much. I just thought prices varies due to seasons. Yeah I think I best ring n see.

Guest 6 Nov 19 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofyK (Post 14161496)
Wow £2200 no free dinning. That’s a lot!

I didn’t think prices could jump that much. I just thought prices varies due to seasons. Yeah I think I best ring n see.

So that was pricing up exactly the same thing, so including the latest discounts but adding on a purchased dining plan for two people. If we had been a family of four it would have been many thousands more.

I don’t think there was any free nights though, although there was a room / ticket saving. Free nights would offset it to some extent sssuming that comes out.

sha9 6 Nov 19 07:10 PM

OKW and SSR are always discounted during free dining. Now the offer is over they will be full price. If you add a night to an existing booking you’ll get the price you paid however if you book that as a separate night you’ll pay the current price.

disneypars 6 Nov 19 07:14 PM

Have you thought about maybe renting points for one night.

GoofyK 6 Nov 19 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 14161993)
OKW and SSR are always discounted during free dining. Now the offer is over they will be full price. If you add a night to an existing booking you’ll get the price you paid however if you book that as a separate night you’ll pay the current price.

I call Disney today , they said if I add a night I would need to pay the higher price for that add on night. But still no avail at the moment so no need to worry about that yet.

GoofyK 6 Nov 19 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneypars (Post 14162004)
Have you thought about maybe renting points for one night.

I already booked that missing night via US Disney. But still hoping UK would show up avail so I can link everything together to get free dinning. Because with that missing night we don’t get free dinning for the remaining 5 nights which sucks!

I’m just surprised price went up so much already

sha9 6 Nov 19 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofyK (Post 14162033)
I call Disney today , they said if I add a night I would need to pay the higher price for that add on night. But still no avail at the moment so no need to worry about that yet.

I would call again. Normally if you are extending your trip you keep all the original conditions of your booking including price.

GoofyK 6 Nov 19 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 14162046)
I would call again. Normally if you are extending your trip you keep all the original conditions of your booking including price.

Thank you. I will call again tomorrow. The agent I spoke to didn’t really want to help. She didn’t even look into the prices, she just simply said well prices does go up n down due to supply n demand.