theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anyone flying from Belfast on the 29th of June (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129227)

The Durrigan's 18 May 19 05:31 PM

Anyone flying from Belfast on the 29th of June

Just wondered if there's any fellow Dibbers flying out of Belfast on the 29th of June this year? It will be the first time we've flown with Virgin Atlantic. Not long to go...only 42 more sleeps ;)

Gabsnoot 18 May 19 06:09 PM

Hi:wavey:

We’re not flying out this year but we are hoping to fly to Orlando to Belfast next year late June/early July. We’ve only flown from Dublin in October for the last few years so we’re not sure what to expect.

We’re you able to get a good deal on flights? We are dreading the flight prices in July compared to October:erm:

The Durrigan's 18 May 19 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot (Post 13851497)
Hi:wavey:

We’re not flying out this year but we are hoping to fly to Orlando to Belfast next year late June/early July. We’ve only flown from Dublin in October for the last few years so we’re not sure what to expect.

We’re you able to get a good deal on flights? We are dreading the flight prices in July compared to October:erm:

Hey :wave:

As it turns out we got very lucky with the price, think I was in the right place at the right time...only €1,500 (Belfast direct to MCO and MCO direct to Belfast). We're in Co. Louth so little over an hour will get us to the airport.

Booked through cheaptickets dot com whom I've used before and never had any problems with. I have logged into the Virgin Atlantic website and all our details are there so all's 100%

So excited here, kids are excited too ;)

Gabsnoot 18 May 19 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Durrigan's (Post 13851593)
Hey :wave:

As it turns out we got very lucky with the price, think I was in the right place at the right time...only €1,500 (Belfast direct to MCO and MCO direct to Belfast). We're in Co. Louth so little over an hour will get us to the airport.

Booked through cheaptickets dot com whom I've used before and never had any problems with. I have logged into the Virgin Atlantic website and all our details are there so all's 100%

So excited here, kids are excited too ;)

That’s amazing, we’d be more than happy with that:grin:

We’re in Scotland but Belfast is actually our closest airport as we’re not far from the ferry.

I’ll definitely be checking out cheap tickets.com. How far ahead did you book?

florida addict 18 May 19 07:08 PM

We are in meath and going the week before 22nd June. Same flight . Have flown virgin before but 1st time from.Belfast for us.
Hoping we all have a great time

dmurray0 18 May 19 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Durrigan's (Post 13851426)
Just wondered if there's any fellow Dibbers flying out of Belfast on the 29th of June this year? It will be the first time we've flown with Virgin Atlantic. Not long to go...only 42 more sleeps ;)

Us :wavey::wavey:

The Durrigan's 18 May 19 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot (Post 13851620)
That’s amazing, we’d be more than happy with that:grin:

We’re in Scotland but Belfast is actually our closest airport as we’re not far from the ferry.

I’ll definitely be checking out cheap tickets.com. How far ahead did you book?

Booked them back in September 2018

Quote:

Originally Posted by florida addict (Post 13851624)
We are in meath and going the week before 22nd June. Same flight . Have flown virgin before but 1st time from.Belfast for us.
Hoping we all have a great time

Safe trip to you guys, I'm sure we'll all have an amazing time :mike:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmurray0 (Post 13851656)
Us :wavey::wavey:

Aww cool...here's hoping we have a great flight, see you there ;)

Our countdowns are exactly the same :cool2:

McSleepy 18 May 19 08:57 PM

We did it the past 2 years. Always a good flight and direct.

There has been issues with delays at security at Belfast International and people missing flights as a result, they have promised to employ more security.

Hootietootie 18 May 19 09:01 PM

mine will be a distant memory by then :cry: I never even thought of going from Belfast, we are in Donegal, will have to put that on my radar for next time

The Durrigan's 18 May 19 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSleepy (Post 13851933)
We did it the past 2 years. Always a good flight and direct.

There has been issues with delays at security at Belfast International and people missing flights as a result, they have promised to employ more security.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll have to make it our business to be in the airport in plenty of time :thumbs-up