theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   The 3 Cabelleros - Day 5. Disney Springs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1138395)

BevS97 26 Jul 19 02:34 AM

The 3 Cabelleros - Day 5. Disney Springs

There are these lovely cabanas at the dvc pool and I've been fancying a few hours in a cabana reading my book. They are first come first served and always full when we walk past.

This morning I am awake early, so I sneak around getting ready while Phil and Molly sleep. I gather my book and head out, only to open the outside door to posting rain. This wasn't in the plan...

I go back inside and decide to sit on our porch which is covered.

After a while the rain stops, so I revert to plan A, make a coffee and a bagel and go round to the pool. I'm the only one there, hardly surprising as it's quite cool and damp. I say cool, it's 24 and at home that would seem hot but today it feels cold.

I grab a cabana. Hardly an achievement given the weather but I'm determined to see the most of it and enjoy my breakfast in relative comfort. Phil comes out to join me and we go in the hot tub. Which doesn't seem to be working very well. However the water is warm and it's peaceful.

We spend about an hour by the pool before the rain returns and we have to admit defeat.

We decide to head for Disney springs and go and catch a bus. They have these new signs up so you can see how long the bus will take. The bus for Disney springs also picks up at the contempory so we went there first and then to the shops. It's not quick but we weren't in a hurry.
At Disney springs our first stop was uniqlo. They have Disney T-shirt's for £14.99 and many for less than that. We ended up with 6 between us. I could have bought loads. They had lots of nice stuff and mostly reasonable prices.

We then looked in the Disney store where Molly debated between a yellow or green T-shirt. Finally deciding on the Green. I'm sure it will feature in future photographs.

I was starting to get hungry so we opted for Earl of Sandwich, This is really tasty and now too expensive.

We had a quick look In the Christmas shop and then walked back around the lake.

We stopped outside the Lego shop for a photo.

And kept going past the shops to the cinema. We did look in some of the Disney clothing shops and there are lots of retro style T-shirt's we like, but we managed to resist.

We bought tickets for Toy Story 4 and then did a bit more browsing before the film started.

I enjoyed Toy Story although I didn't think it was as good as 3. I'm not sure how many ore they can do.

When we came out of the film the sun had come up and it was quite warm. Which was a pleasant surprise. We walked back through the shops and had a look st Sprinkles but decided they just looked like ordinary cupcakes.

We wanted something a bit more special for dessert. So we went to Amorettes. I really like this bakery.
We got three cakes to take home for after our meal.

We had microwave Chinese food for dinner. Not very classy but by having a few meals in our room we can stretch the budget. And actually it was quite tasty.

We raised our game for dessert though. All three cakes were delicious. I'm not sure if you can tell, but the chocolate one was a rose shape.

Ubiqlo $90
Disney store $21
Earl of sandwich $40
Cinema $36
Amorette $25

$212

app 26 Jul 19 03:00 AM

New Photo Added by BevS97 - 26 Jul 19 3:00 AM.

Michyloulou 26 Jul 19 04:32 PM

Well done for making the most of the cabana - at least you got to have a peaceful breakfast there. Your thoughts about Sprinkles are spot on, although when we went we got ice creams. DH & I asked for mint choc chip but got given spearmint flavour, yuk! Also one of our daughters asked for toffee fudge, and that also tasted really weird. Those cakes you bought look awesome!

Cinderella 27 Jul 19 08:47 AM

Love the desserts❤️

mick 27 Jul 19 08:55 AM

Your desserts look tasty :spin:

Joan :wave:

yellowrose78 27 Jul 19 09:56 AM

Shame about the rain, but looks like you had a lovely day, the desserts look awesome :)

rosered 28 Jul 19 12:24 PM

I bought some t shirts from Uniqlo last November and have been really impressed with the quality. They wash beautifully.

margyloveswdw 29 Jul 19 12:59 PM

I'd still take a Disney rainy day that one at home!

Another fab day :spin: