theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Is Pets4Homes reliable Updated with photo of our new puppy (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1207308)

JudyC 1 Nov 21 03:59 PM

Is Pets4Homes reliable Updated with photo of our new puppy

I don't really know where to start as considering a puppy. I know lots of places have rescue dogs and I've not ruled that out as our last dog was a rescue. I just want to consider both options .

mostlybobbins 1 Nov 21 04:01 PM

We got a couple of Maine Coon kittens from Pets4Homes. As long as the people selling check out and they look legit, you can gauge from there. If it looks dodgy it probably is, so be careful and take your time over any decisions.

tink111 1 Nov 21 04:02 PM

I think you should proceed with caution as a general rule when buying a puppy as there’s so many scams these days! However we bought our cocker spaniel from pets4homes as a puppy last year with no problems! Just make sure you verify that they do actually have the dogs before handing over any money! How exciting though! Good luck 😀

mitch84 1 Nov 21 04:05 PM

It’s a bit like saying is eBay, gumtree or fb marketplace reliable. Yes and no.
I got my puppy from a pets4homes advertisement and the people were really genuine lovely people from Wigan
Just be a bit savvy, make sure you are visiting their home, see the puppies with Mum and get a good feel.

JudyC 1 Nov 21 04:18 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm just a bit nervous about it , having only had a rescue dog.

ely3857 1 Nov 21 04:47 PM

We choose our puppy from that website (after a friend had used it previously). It’s like anything, do your research about what to keep an eye out for, what would raise suspicion etc. I went through many adverts for the breed we wanted, shortlisted four then the ‘one’ drew my attention and I contacted them first. We FaceTimed them and saw the puppies and mum (& they us) then we visited and than paid a deposit. Our puppy is almost 8 months old and spoilt rotten!

Taffy1959 1 Nov 21 05:01 PM

We got our dog from Pets4Home no problems at all
I’m still in contact with the lady we bought him from

Scaramouche 1 Nov 21 05:13 PM

We were looking on there but found our boy on Champ Dogs

alibeau 1 Nov 21 05:21 PM

Hi,

We bought 3 of our puppies on Pets4homes...

Still in touch with two of the breeders/sellers...

I'm sure there are both good and bad breeders/sellers on there but you'll soon get a feel for who's who when you start to communicate with them.

Good luck!

Ali x

51-a- good year 1 Nov 21 05:26 PM

As already pointed out its like ebay - lots of excellent people but some scammers

You need to see the puppy with its mother - no excuses
You want a mum thats proud to show you her pups - not one that is nervous or defensive
ask how old and many litters she has had
watch the pups playing together - you want to see confident pups; playing a bit rough is fine but expect them to stop if one really yelps