theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Second fix on a new house (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1208351)

mushumadness 15 Nov 21 07:34 AM

Second fix on a new house

Morning all
Went to visit our new house Saturday
Apparently we are In the second fix?
I know there’s some experienced people on here building wise than can clarify what that is and how far we are through that

All wall plastered, all ceilings painted, lights in and working. Piping all in and the pipes for bathrooms and radiators all in lots of piping for boiler is in (boiler in a box waiting under stairs )

The full bathroom suites are waiting downstairs to go in. Tiles are there too.

They’ve painted quite a few walls especially where the radiators are going

Oh and the kitchen gets fitted next week

Gardens drive complete

Does this seem like ok progress to a late January completion?

Driving to keep on top of what I should know for next time we go (we are relocating into Lincolnshire)
Thanks

Mr Tom Morrow 15 Nov 21 07:50 AM

If the electrics are working 2nd fix is underway nicely.

Basically 2nd fix for my Trade is doors being hung on existing frames, architraves and skirtings going on, handrail(s) fitted on staircase, hatch to roof space etc etc.

For Plumbers it will be connecting up the wash hand basins, bath, toilet and Rad etc as the pipe work will be all concealed and just sticking out of the floor/walls where needed.

Kitchen will be after all that work

Timelines are impossible to predict currently as Winter is nearly upon us and gear is in short supply. However inclement weather shouldn't affect your build as it's way past the stage of being open to the elements. Others yes.

A Builder with plenty of Trades on site and pushing for a completion could get that ready for handover in 3 to 5 weeks if they wanted to.

wobblywibbly 15 Nov 21 07:51 AM

Welcome to lincs🙃

mushumadness 15 Nov 21 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobblywibbly (Post 15212978)
Welcome to lincs🙃

Thank you we are relocating from West Yorkshire such a big thing knowing no one and no places!

mushumadness 15 Nov 21 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 15212976)
If the electrics are working 2nd fix is underway nicely.

Basically 2nd fix for my Trade is doors being hung on existing frames, architraves and skirtings going on, handrail(s) fitted on staircase, hatch to roof space etc etc.

For Plumbers it will be connecting up the wash hand basins, bath, toilet and Rad etc as the pipe work will be all concealed and just sticking out of the floor/walls where needed.

Kitchen will be after all that work

Timelines are impossible to predict currently as Winter is nearly upon us and gear is in short supply. However inclement weather shouldn't affect your build as it's way past the stage of being open to the elements. Others yes.

A Builder with plenty of Trades on site and pushing for a completion could get that ready for handover in 3 to 5 weeks if they wanted to.

Thanks for all the info
The bathrooms are sat in my living room lol luckily they a full team
Onto the house when exchange happens which was last weeks so would be full steam ahead covid willing

mushumadness 15 Nov 21 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushumadness (Post 15213042)
Thanks for all the info
The bathrooms are sat in my living room lol luckily they a full team
Onto the house when exchange happens which was last week, so should obe full steam ahead covid willing

I hope

Feebee2 15 Nov 21 09:54 AM

Sounds like it’s going really well. And don’t forget they want your money ASAP!

mushumadness 15 Nov 21 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feebee2 (Post 15213096)
Sounds like it’s going really well. And don’t forget they want your money ASAP!

Never thought of that lol
They got 10% of it on exchange as a taster lol

Disneyfanlincs 15 Nov 21 10:58 AM

Hi soon to be lincs neighbour

mushumadness 15 Nov 21 12:34 PM

Ohh they’re starting fitting the kitchen on Wednesday that’s good right