theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   The one unlike nothing you've ever read before - Day 4 Animal Kingdom, Banshees, pool and Culvers (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1083167)

Holdensccs 2 Jun 18 02:50 AM

The one unlike nothing you've ever read before - Day 4 Animal Kingdom, Banshees, pool and Culvers

Some womble was letting fireworks off at midnight but other than that we had a good nights sleep. Awake at 06:45 and got the Coffee on... cinnamon rolls for a sparse breakfast, before driving over to pick up DD from Vista Way at 8.

We were parked in Dinosaur36, Dinosaur 35 had just filled so we were directed to the far end of the row. DW wound down her window and asked if we could park closest to the tram as we would be short for time when we left, and they said ok! result...
There was a tram waiting too so we were at the park entrance by 08:45...

Today was an EMH day so we were directed to wait until park opening at 9

DD went to guest services to get her disability access pass, this lets us get a fastpass return (you can have one of these active at any one time plus your normal fastpasses) we have FPs for EE, Kilimanjaro safaris and FOTLK.

We head straight over to Pandora, as does just about everybody else!

The theming in this area is excellent, really really good. We call at the FP entrance to FOP and get a return time of 10:57...

The standby line is already 150 minutes!

So first FP is Expedition Everest Just DD and me as DW doesn't do rollercoasters.
Standby for this is showing 20 minutes, looks more like 10, but we have a fast pass so it's basically a walk on.

My first time back in Disney for amlost 10 years, and one of the benefits of this is that I dont clearly remember all the rides ( thats probably an age thing too!) so the enjoyment is almost like the first time.

After EE we take a leisurely stroll through the park taking in the sights, we really love Animal Kingdom, and we get to FOP just about as our FP window opens. We are all riding this.

I was hoping that it wouldn't be too intense for DW as I'd convinced her that it was like a cross between Soarin and HP Forbidden Journey, ( both rides that she likes) I was going to be in the bad books if she didn't enjoy it!

I needn't have worried, but I was so far off with what I thought the ride was!

It is quite simply breathtakingly amazing, so so much better than I had ever imagined. Wow. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed it 10/10

DD fiddled with the app and brought our Kilimajaro safari FP forward to before the FOTLK, so We did that next.

it's changed a bit since we did it last, they've dropped the poachers bit, which I never really enjoyed. We saw lots of animals.

As it was now lunchtime we sat in the food area and ate our Wal-Mart sandwiches.
Love American sandwiches, very generous with the fillings.

We then head off to Festival Of The Lion King, our last FP.

Now this is a real nostalgia trip, glad it's never changed because it can't be improved. A good way to finish our visit to Animal Kingdom.

Now it's time to run DD back to Vista Way to get changed and then over to Epcot to drop her off for her shift.
She's being careful not to touch the car here, the paintwork is blisteringly hot!

We'll see her again Sunday.

We did a quick trip back to the Sketchers outlet on the 192, on the way there was a brief downpour, but that was the only rain we saw all day.

I got some running shoes and DW got a pair of flip flops.

Ticket price was $80 for the 2, but it was buy 1 get 2nd at 50% and they applied the 20% discount voucher that we got for joining the loyalty scheme as well,so we got both for $48.

Back at the hotel, we finally made to to the pool for a bit.

This evening we are at Culvers, which is a very nice burger and frozen custard restaurant (think posh quality McD's) I'd been looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint.An inexpensive and very tasty meal to end a very enjoyable day.

Spot the hidden Mickey?

The weather forecast is better for the next few days, fingers xxed.

Loose plans tomorrow to finally visit Celebration and go to the car cruise at Old Town in the evening. We'll see how it goes.

app 2 Jun 18 03:15 AM

New Photo Added by Holdensccs - 2 Jun 18 3:15 AM.

disneypars 2 Jun 18 07:31 AM

Another great day. Got a real bargain at Sketchers . Could I ask whereabouts on the 192 it is located?

mick 2 Jun 18 09:34 AM

Great day :spin: we also enjoyed Culvers :grin:

Joan :wave:

Holdensccs 2 Jun 18 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneypars (Post 13285824)
Another great day. Got a real bargain at Sketchers . Could I ask whereabouts on the 192 it is located?

It is at Mile marker 12 near to Target

disneypars 2 Jun 18 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holdensccs (Post 13286149)
It is at Mile marker 12 near to Target

Thanks. I'll look out for it in October.

Jake71 2 Jun 18 09:39 PM

Another fab day, I must look out for some sketchers bargains.

Jedi Princess 3 Jun 18 08:56 AM

Another fab day. Sounds like you got some great Skechers bargains.

margyloveswdw 4 Jun 18 09:30 AM

Another good day.

We discovered Culvers last October - lovely burgers ;)

JanetteP 4 Jun 18 04:28 PM

Gutted - I must have drove past the Skechers outlet to go to the Nike and Converse Outlet just a bit further down the road - oh well - next time. We also tried Culvers for the first time - beautiful milkshake. Great report.:wave: