theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Maybe a silly question... ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1100116)

Th1nkT1nk 16 Sep 18 03:50 PM

Maybe a silly question... ?

If I book a holiday direct through Disney and then add on flights through Disney when they become available, do I get the same ‘cover’ / ‘protection’ as if I’d booked a full package through a TA?!

Guest 16 Sep 18 04:08 PM

I think to have to be one transaction but I could be wrong

Th1nkT1nk 16 Sep 18 04:27 PM

Hmmm... ok thank you floridavisitor 😏 i did wonder about that!

Tynxuk 16 Sep 18 04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure if you book a Disney hotel and tickets it's still considered a package.

Th1nkT1nk 16 Sep 18 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tynxuk (Post 13490485)
I'm pretty sure if you book a Disney hotel and tickets it's still considered a package.

Ok thank you... just wondering if u book at a separate time whether it’s more like the cover u get when you diy? I may be over Thinking! I guess I just need to speak to them and ask the question :)

Sew109 16 Sep 18 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk (Post 13490592)
Ok thank you... just wondering if u book at a separate time whether it’s more like the cover u get when you diy? I may be over Thinking! I guess I just need to speak to them and ask the question :)

I get the same cover DIY as I do through a TA I book with a credit card so get s75 protection if I book my airline tickets through a consolidater they are ATOL protected and te websites I use for hotels are.

In addition I have good travel insurance.

I may be naive but I don’t think I get anyth8ng more from a TA if I am wrong 8 would be grateful for someone to tell me.

Th1nkT1nk 17 Sep 18 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew109 (Post 13490916)
I get the same cover DIY as I do through a TA I book with a credit card so get s75 protection if I book my airline tickets through a consolidater they are ATOL protected and te websites I use for hotels are.

In addition I have good travel insurance.

I may be naive but I don’t think I get anyth8ng more from a TA if I am wrong 8 would be grateful for someone to tell me.

Ok thanks for your response. I guess I’m just thinking worse case scenario. Eg. If there for some reason was an issue with your flight (ash cloud etc) and then you were delayed by a few days, I presume if going through TA they would try to ensure that you still got a similar number of days away. However, if diy, your accommodation would just be sat waiting for you so not adjustment available to you? I really have very little experience with all of this so I’d be happy for anyone with knowledge to help me out and tell me different! If it was just me and DH going away I wouldn’t worry, but the thought of having to tell my DD there’s a problem is what concerns me.

Th1nkT1nk 17 Sep 18 07:04 AM

Another example is... my friend once had a flight cancellation and couldn’t fly back home. The TA arranged a hotel for the night with transfers and all costs paid for, presumably you would be the one having to sort all of that if going diy? I guess you would get money back eventually off insurance etc, but you would have the hassle / cost at the time?

WhereIBelong 17 Sep 18 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk (Post 13491440)
Ok thanks for your response. I guess I’m just thinking worse case scenario. Eg. If there for some reason was an issue with your flight (ash cloud etc) and then you were delayed by a few days, I presume if going through TA they would try to ensure that you still got a similar number of days away. However, if diy, your accommodation would just be sat waiting for you so not adjustment available to you? I really have very little experience with all of this so I’d be happy for anyone with knowledge to help me out and tell me different! If it was just me and DH going away I wouldn’t worry, but the thought of having to tell my DD there’s a problem is what concerns me.

This happened to us with snow on our way out one
Easter. (Thomas Cook TA, VA flights) No, they could not give us the same number of days away - flights home were still fully booked as we went in school holidays etc.

What they did do was take the problem away - they liaised with the villa management and the car hire, they moved an "experience" we had booked through them - it meant we had no worries.

The before flight side of things was dealt with by Virgin (admirably) - put us on a coach to a hotel, gave us food vouchers, made sure we could contact our TA etc.

Th1nkT1nk 17 Sep 18 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 13491467)
This happened to us with snow on our way out one
Easter. (Thomas Cook TA, VA flights) No, they could not give us the same number of days away - flights home were still fully booked as we went in school holidays etc.

What they did do was take the problem away - they liaised with the villa management and the car hire, they moved an "experience" we had booked through them - it meant we had no worries.

The before flight side of things was dealt with by Virgin (admirably) - put us on a coach to a hotel, gave us food vouchers, made sure we could contact our TA etc.

Thanks for this - that does Clarify things somewhat! Any idea about booking through Disney then, if you book a flight at a later date?