theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Pre Trip Report - Rogue One (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1095744)

MadHatter1 19 Aug 18 07:45 PM

Pre Trip Report - Rogue One

Pre-Trip Report – Rogue One.

Hello & welcome!

This is our pre-trippie, this is us;

Me – chief planner aka Mummy

Thomas – who will turn 12 on this holiday, now he is at secondary school his hobbies include hanging out with his friends which tends to mean losing his bus pass and getting on the wrong bus a lot.

George – 10 years old, his hobbies include spending every second he can be playing Fortnite with his friends.

Here they are looking all smiley and happy having just run an early morning triathlon.

This is our 4th trip to Florida we have called this trippie ‘Rogue One’ because [shock horror] this year we are NOT going to Disney.

Other People: “There are other places to go on holiday other than Disney you know”
Me: “Yes we aren’t going to Disney this year.”
Other People: “But you went last year.”
Me: “Yes this year we aren’t going.”
Other People: “But you have booked flights to Florida”
Me: “Contrary to common belief the entire state of Florida does not purely comprise of the Magic Kingdom.”
Other People: “So you are going again.”
Me: “We are going to Universal”
Other People: “I can’t believe you are going again.”

The Plan

Me: “So shall we spend the first week at the beach?”
G&T: “No it is boring & it is sandy.”
Me: “Ok I can’t argue with the second part, but we can’t spend an entire week at Universal and I am not hiring a villa so I spend the entire holiday playing chauffeur.”

Park Plan:

1st week at
1. Seaworld
2. Aquatica
3. Busch Gardens

2nd week at
1. IoA
2. US
3. VB

Transport Plan:

We have booked BA flights on a flydrive with a Mustang. So, we go LHR>MIA>TPA
And then TPA>LGW. As we live between the two airports this turned out to be a bargain price for us.

Accommodation Plan:

Having weighed up the pros and cons, I have decided that the best value for money is

• The Rosen Inn at Pointe
• Hard Rock Hotel

The boys have told me they will not know the difference between a budget hotel and luxury hotel.

So this will be educational maybe?

Finally:-

Having had their confidence boosted by riding all the coasters in WDW they believe that they will do the same this year.

I have warned them how extreme some stuff is, sooo lets see how we go!:cool2:

MinnieMrsA 19 Aug 18 10:14 PM

Have an amazing time! Xx

Kat11 19 Aug 18 10:19 PM

Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy!

Kat

Ps. Love the pic of the boys looking cheerful 😂

jas72 4 Jun 19 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 (Post 13438286)
Pre-Trip Report – Rogue One.

Hello & welcome!

This is our pre-trippie, this is us;

Me – chief planner aka Mummy

Thomas – who will turn 12 on this holiday, now he is at secondary school his hobbies include hanging out with his friends which tends to mean losing his bus pass and getting on the wrong bus a lot.

George – 10 years old, his hobbies include spending every second he can be playing Fortnite with his friends.

Here they are looking all smiley and happy having just run an early morning triathlon.

This is our 4th trip to Florida we have called this trippie ‘Rogue One’ because [shock horror] this year we are NOT going to Disney.

Other People: “There are other places to go on holiday other than Disney you know”
Me: “Yes we aren’t going to Disney this year.”
Other People: “But you went last year.”
Me: “Yes this year we aren’t going.”
Other People: “But you have booked flights to Florida”
Me: “Contrary to common belief the entire state of Florida does not purely comprise of the Magic Kingdom.”
Other People: “So you are going again.”
Me: “We are going to Universal”
Other People: “I can’t believe you are going again.”

The Plan

Me: “So shall we spend the first week at the beach?”
G&T: “No it is boring & it is sandy.”
Me: “Ok I can’t argue with the second part, but we can’t spend an entire week at Universal and I am not hiring a villa so I spend the entire holiday playing chauffeur.”

Park Plan:

1st week at
1. Seaworld
2. Aquatica
3. Busch Gardens

2nd week at
1. IoA
2. US
3. VB

Transport Plan:

We have booked BA flights on a flydrive with a Mustang. So, we go LHR>MIA>TPA
And then TPA>LGW. As we live between the two airports this turned out to be a bargain price for us.

Accommodation Plan:

Having weighed up the pros and cons, I have decided that the best value for money is

• The Rosen Inn at Pointe
• Hard Rock Hotel

The boys have told me they will not know the difference between a budget hotel and luxury hotel.

So this will be educational maybe?

Finally:-

Having had their confidence boosted by riding all the coasters in WDW they believe that they will do the same this year.

I have warned them how extreme some stuff is, sooo lets see how we go!:cool2:

This is my perfect holiday. :cool2:

I've been too many times and the wife is now bored of it. However I keep trying to persuade others to go for the first time so that I can return to "show them round" :d: