theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   UK Holiday Planning & Days Out (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Recommendation for Mum and Daughter Break? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1204202)

Daisy_Do_72 22 Sep 21 08:25 AM

Recommendation for Mum and Daughter Break?

My DD21 is having a difficult time at the moment. Anxious and a little depressed. I’d like to take her away for a few days for a mini break. I’m thinking a spa break or a cottage in the Country with a log fire and country walks.

Some calm and relaxation time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

We have no restrictions on days if the week or anything like that.

Thanks x

inky1 22 Sep 21 11:27 AM

Whereabouts are you ?

DisneyDaffodil 22 Sep 21 11:40 AM

My DD20 and I love a mum and daughter break. We tend to go to theme parks or city shopping breaks so Alton Towers or any UK city springs to mind.

However we also love countryside walks and find Airbnb’s are perfect for this as there are so many with log fires, Netflix, and a pub nearby for a tasty meal. Recent areas we’ve enjoyed are Dorset and Gloucestershire. Both have lots of countryside to walk in and we saw lots of wildlife including bats flying as it became dusk and wild deers. Gloucestershire was lovely as we walked through orchards (via a marked countryside path) and visited lots of small country towns with lovely architecture and quaint shops. We spent hours looking around charity and bookshops buying lots of books at bargain prices. Dorset also had the lovely coastline so a mix of countryside, coast and pretty towns and villages

inky1 22 Sep 21 02:05 PM

I was going to suggest a couple of nights at The Celtic Manor just outside Cardiff nice Spa lovely food etc

DisneyDaffodil 22 Sep 21 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inky1 (Post 15146562)
I was going to suggest a couple of nights at The Celtic Manor just outside Cardiff nice Spa lovely food etc

That’s quite local to me too and I would recommend this too. They do a delicious afternoon tea which my DD and I really enjoyed

Daisy_Do_72 22 Sep 21 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inky1 (Post 15146267)
Whereabouts are you ?

I’m in Pembrokeshire.
Did look at north wales but the road is windy and she gets car sick, I’m trying to give her a bit of a boost. X

Daisy_Do_72 22 Sep 21 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 15146588)
That’s quite local to me too and I would recommend this too. They do a delicious afternoon tea which my DD and I really enjoyed

Thank you. I think I’ll take a look niw. It’s sounds like a good idea. X to

Col&Ali 22 Sep 21 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear this 💜 I was brought up in Pembs and at that age the only way was east lol. I like the sound of Celtic Manor or even a bit further, eg London for a show.

My DD is having a bit of a bad time at the mo with her friends and has booked a spa for me and her in October - makes a lovely change from me paying 😆

Did she go with you to Spain? Does she feel left out do you think?

inky1 22 Sep 21 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 (Post 15147294)
Thank you. I think I’ll take a look niw. It’s sounds like a good idea. X to

Even though it is near the motorway you honestly could be a million miles away once you’ve checked in

Daisy_Do_72 22 Sep 21 09:06 PM

I know it, but never been. I think it’s a good idea. Thanks