theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   RCI - do you buy a drinks package for an adult and a child? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137489)

Libandarchie 19 Jul 19 08:52 AM

RCI - do you buy a drinks package for an adult and a child?

I have bought an adults drinks package for myself and my husband (we will get our moneys worth!). Do I have to buy a package for the 2 kids or we will be able to swing it that they can get soft drinks using our deal?

tracy99 19 Jul 19 06:29 PM

We got cups for soft drinks,left in our cabin,with our drinks package.
I can’t see why the children,couldn’t use them at the self serve soda machines,but I have only been on one cruise,on the oasis of the seas,so someone with a lot more knowledge of cruising may say otherwise.
I can’t forsee any problems with you getting soft drinks for the children
Tracy x

Smilesonfaces 19 Jul 19 06:34 PM

Sharing is strictly prohibited on the ships...however we were also left 2 refillable soda cups as part of our package and they were never used. I don’t see why you couldn’t use them for your children if you don’t plan on drinking sodas. They will only be able to fill them up at the machines. If they had their own package you could order at the bars and restaurants also.

Libandarchie 20 Jul 19 10:01 PM

Ok thanks, that is what I was thinking. They would quite happily drink water with meals anyway.

whlparkstone 21 Jul 19 06:15 AM

We are going on our first RCI cruise next Saturday. Dh and I both have the deluxe drinks package.

Our ds doesn’t drink soda and only really likes squash. We are planning on filling the free cups we get given with water and I have bought some of those handbag sized squash concentrate to add. Think they were 40p each in home bargains

Ciano 30 Jul 19 03:24 AM

We are just off Mariner this morning. Fab fab fab! We had 2 cabins hubbie had drinks package. Soda cup was in room at arrival. Dd filled it a couple of times but my 2 prefer water with meals. I know strictly speaking it's not allowed but I can't see the harm!

YorkshireT 30 Jul 19 05:50 AM

I have drinks package (2 weeks I’m on Navigator), my wife has the non alcoholic package (think that was $20 a day) and the kids have the soft drink package.

jas72 9 Aug 19 02:36 AM

Our first cruise in 2017 none of us had the drinks package. There were that many kids on the boat that we 10 kids go to a bar for cokes the barman doesn't even look at their cards.

My son got free drinks all week. We did put money on his card for drinks but he said the guys never asked for it... The tend not to swip for soft drinks on RCI so it's possible they won't check.

Even in the mornings when getting bottles for excursions the staff rarely asked to see the cards. They just gave out the water.