theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Grand Plaza Hotel St Pete Beach (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137582)

Photogirl62 20 Jul 19 02:33 AM

Grand Plaza Hotel St Pete Beach

I'm in the early stages of planning another trip to Orlando for next year and am thinking a couple of nights at St Pete's beach at the end of the trip would be relaxing after the parks.
I've spent the past few day researching hotels like crazy. Want to be sure I'm doing the right thing before I book the flights!
So many Dibbers recommend the Grand Plaza Hotel but it's had some awful reviews on TripAdvisor lately.
What can you Dibbers tell me about it? Definitely recommend staying there?!

Thanks! :grin:

Blondie40 20 Jul 19 08:14 AM

I stayed for a week last year. Lovely location. Hotel needs updating. Hallways quite dark and musky. Room is very light at night because of the shutters. Our door onto the balcony had a broken lock. Would stay again if this hotel gets renovated.

JanetteP 20 Jul 19 09:29 AM

We had 2 rooms there in May, partial ocean view, and we absolutely loved it. I had read the Trip Advisor reviews, but our rooms were fine. Family said it was the best part of their holiday. We had an early dine at Madfish following a recommendation on here, it's a 2 minute walk from GP and it was fabulous. We then went to Bongo's to watch the sunset on the beach - beautiful.

MarionG 20 Jul 19 09:33 AM

We stayed there for three days in 2014 in a partial gulf view room. It was fine although we didn't eat there. Pool not particularly big but at least you have a lovely beach on your doorstep. Room was nice.
We were there in an "Off Peak" time so not sure what it is like in busy periods and whether it has gone downhill in the 5 years since we stayed.
Sorry not much more help.

Tiger431 20 Jul 19 05:58 PM

Stayed there and liked in due to the location on the beach, however last year and have booked for next year, we are staying at the Postcard Inn which is a few hundred metres uo the beach.

Juliemack 20 Jul 19 06:11 PM

We stayed next door at the Sirata Beach Resort, it was lovely. We also had two fabulous meals in Madfish.

CSTUARTt1980 20 Jul 19 07:26 PM

We stayed in St Petes in October and stayed in St petes beach suites if you are loking for other places to stay. I would highly recommend it's more like an apartment and it's literally a 2 minute walk from the beach. Ideal x

purplemusky 20 Jul 19 07:38 PM

We stayed there in August 2017 and had a great stay. Our room was perfect no problem. The beach bar is great and we also ate at the revolving restaurant in the hotel which was superb, would definitely stay again.

princess allie 20 Jul 19 07:56 PM

We stayed there last summer for 4 nights. It’s in a fabulous location, only a few steps from the beach. It’s not fancy, but it was clean and tidy, we liked it and would use it again. We had a partial sea view and it was lovely. The balcony is small but enough for 2 people to sit out or possibly 3 people.

Photogirl62 26 Jul 19 03:27 PM

Thank you for all your replies! Some other options to look at too. Thank you 😊