theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Universal Cabana bay start of August (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1171187)

Unicorn13x 17 May 20 12:13 PM

Universal Cabana bay start of August

Anyone due to go to Universal Cabana Bay 1st two weeks of August? Just wondered if anyone still going or cancelled. We are still planing on going due to fly from Glasgow on 31st of July. We think it will be pretty well organised, only thing probably closed would maybe be lazy river, hot tubs and the breakfast counter with the help your self to cereal, fruit etc.

offtoseemickey 17 May 20 07:00 PM

We are due to be staying at Aventura the first week of September... I’m not sure we’ll be going. I just can’t see how flying there will be safe, let alone the rest of the holiday.

IF everything is open, maybe they will place restrictions on numbers in the pool / river.. numbers in the games areas (cornhole, table tennis etc). Definitely more covers in the food court and no self serve. Restrictions on number of people in the lifts. Obviously social distancing in the check in line + all other lines. The bus line and number of people on the bus will need to be limited too. I’m sure I must be missing some.

Ked 18 May 20 08:51 AM

We were staying, flights have been cancelled so in process of cancelling everything.
Dd has a summer job there which has been postponed until next summer so we will rearrange for then.

Unicorn13x 18 May 20 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ked (Post 14472327)
We were staying, flights have been cancelled so in process of cancelling everything.
Dd has a summer job there which has been postponed until next summer so we will rearrange for then.

I didn't realise they took on from UK for the summer, great opportunity. Hope it all goes well for next year.

Ked 18 May 20 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unicorn13x (Post 14472476)
I didn't realise they took on from UK for the summer, great opportunity. Hope it all goes well for next year.

Thank you, she is so disappointed, it was supposed to be her best summer ever! It’s a brilliant opportunity but luckily she hasn’t got to go through the interview process again so she’s looking forward to next year along with the rest of us!
Are you going to travel if flights are on?

Unicorn13x 18 May 20 11:20 AM

That's great she doesn't need to do interview again. Yes we will be going too much money to lose and cant go next year. We feel if we take right precautions it will be fine.

Ked 18 May 20 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unicorn13x (Post 14472686)
That's great she doesn't need to do interview again. Yes we will be going too much money to lose and cant go next year. We feel if we take right precautions it will be fine.

Hope you enjoy, look forward to a trip report!