theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 6 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1171824)

katy341 23 May 20 04:35 PM

The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 6

Sunday 18th Feb, 2018

Good morning! it really did feel like a good morning! My throat was sore but I didn't have a temperature and I was no where near as dizzy. I know these antibiotics are strong (and I am taking them religiously!) but wow! :thumbs-up

It's a good job I'm feeling a little better as today was scheduled to be a busy one...

We gathered all of our belongings and checked out of OKW. We got in the car and headed over to GF. It has been my dream for as long as I can remember, to stay here! It is amazing!

after exploring this picturesque hotel, we headed over to 1900 Park Fayre for our breakfast ADR.
Everyone loved breakfast here and Jason adored the famous strawberry soup!

We had some lovely interactions with the characters!

From GF we headed over to AK as the girls and Jason had a FP for FOP (Tom would never go on that! so we explored...slowly lol)

absolutely stunning!

Tom enjoyed playing the drums!

We didn't stay in AK long. As a child, this was always my least favourite park and I always assumed my little lot would think the same but actually it was lovely and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves :thumbs-up:)

We needed to leave though as we were desperate to see what our lovely DIBB villa would look like and we had an ADR at MK late afternoon :omg:)

We headed over to Championsgate and into the beautiful Windwood Dream Villa (LizH Dibber!)

lounge as you enter the villa

dining room just next to the lounge as you enter the villa

we loved this! our little Mickey and Minnie welcoming us into our home for the next 9 nights!:) We always kept keys, magic bands etc here :D

look at the size of that TV!
The gathering room...ahh the memories:o:

kitchen area

downstairs bedroom and bathroom that leads out to the pool ...very handy!
this bedroom was also known as the 'put it in the packing room and we will worry about getting it home later' room :pgig::pgig:

the pool and jacuzzi area was gorgeous!

the landing - this was great as the kids could hang out here away from us oldies!:tongue: and there was a playstation which Tom loved!:thumbs-up

our room was huge - look at that bed! :D

Tom's room - he pushed the beds together so he could say he had a big bed!

Jess and Chloe's room

Gracie's room.

The decision on who got which room went like this...Tom picked first as he had a sofa bed at OKW. Chloe got last pick as she had a bed to her self at OKW and Jess and Gracie had to decide between a double bed to yourself or a single in the room with Chloe. Jess is so so so laid back, she struggles to make decisions so she told Gracie to choose. Naturally Gracie picked the big bed!
**next trip Jess chose 1st!**

Lastly, the games room...also known as 'the room where you will find Tom':d:

We all had a quick dip in the pool, freshened up and headed out for our reservation at BOG.

I think this is such great value for a QSDP credit though I wouldn't use a table service credit just to meet the beast

It was rather busy here! We hadn't realised about mobile ordering at this point either:nonono:

we loved listening to these guys!:spin:

For some reason, I never got a picture of my meal. I had the pulled pork with mash..it was incredible! but I couldn't swallow the meat! such a shame but I will be having this next trip ;)
I tried the grey stuff...it was delicious (but only I thought so!:erm:)

The atmosphere and theming here is just immense!:)

As I was feeling okay-ish, I told Jason and the girls to go off and do some of the rides they couldn't have done with Tom in tow over the last few days. They went off and rode BTMR, Splash and SM. Tom and I slowly wandered over to ride SW and PP and of course his all time favourite Dumbo!

We met back up to meet talking Mickey (excuse my waxxy ill looking face:blush:)

and whilst Jase and the girls ran before closing time to get one more ride done, Tom and I sat and played games on Main Street :D

On the way out, Jason bought me something that I was NEVER allowed as a child but always wanted... a red Mickey balloon :)
He said it was a late valentine's day present.

For the first time since Wednesday morning (day 1 - feels like forever ago), I felt like I was on holiday, in the place I love with the people I love.

Whether it was adrenaline, tablets or just disney magic, I had achieved a lot today and we even headed to Walmart on the way back to the villa!

Waltdisnae 23 May 20 05:05 PM

So pleased you had a good day and feeling a bit better.

lottiesmum0 23 May 20 05:24 PM

Awww I am glad you have been feeling better - I always have a fear that I am going to be ill on holiday X

Smilesonfaces 23 May 20 05:35 PM

Glad you managed to have a good day today.

jothp 23 May 20 09:12 PM

Very pleased you were feeling better. You had a really busy day. The villa looks fantastic.

Orlando 2004 23 May 20 09:23 PM

Glad you were finally feeling a bit better.

Florida1972 24 May 20 12:00 AM

Aaaah great day and so glad you’re feeling better 🙂

JanetteP 24 May 20 12:34 PM

Wow - things look like they are improving. I had strep throat once whilst in Florida, but not as bad as this. I do remember when I asked DH to take me to Walgreens for a prescription, he turned to me and said "for a sore throat"? I don't know how he lived! I remember the pain, and wanting cold milkshakes. What a shame it had such an impact on your stay at OKW. Much enjoying following your trip report.

Ilovesnowwhite 27 May 20 09:54 PM

yay your feeling even better. Like you i had always wanted a red mickey balloon. managed to get one while watching The Christmas parade :) Your never to old to enjoy a balloon :)
xx