theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 7 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1171835)

katy341 23 May 20 05:57 PM

The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 7

Monday 19th Feb, 2018

People always say that their first night in a strange place means lack of sleep...not for us...not after yesterday :zzz::zzz::zzz:

A lie in was needed and we decided to have a pool day and a BBQ before heading to HS - my FAVOURITE park this evening:thumbs-up

We didn't wake the kids. I enjoyed a swim on my own after having a cup of coffee and far too many soft batch cookies!

I continued to feel a little bit better as time was going on and this morning I was feeling hungry, it just hurt to eat.

The kids loved the pool! I forgot to mention yesterday that despite paying for pool heating, the pool wasn't very warm. A quick call to the management company that Liz H uses and they came out whilst we were at MK yesterday meaning that this morning, the temperature was perfect!

After a lie in, the kids enjoyed breakfast pool side! They had Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms and Poptarts! yum!:D

A mid-morning/early afternoon pool session was enjoyed by all complete with BBQ food!

After everyone was fed and changed, we decided to head to HS. Bearing in mind this was before Toy Story and Galaxy's edge was completed so it was at a time where many felt the park didn't have a lot to offer but there's just something about it! I love it...turns out everyone did and after getting home and asking several times since, what everyone's favourite park is...they all answer HS!:spin:

Ill or not...ToT was calling my name! It's my favourite ride of all time and NOTHING would stop me riding it!

Whilst the girls and I rode ToT (which they all loved of course!:tongue:), the boys rode Star Tours. This quickly became Tom's favourite ride EVER!

We then decided to swap as poor Jase hadn't rode anything big yet so he took the girls on RnR whilst Tom and I explored

Next we headed over to Muppets...I needed a seat and lets face it, it may not be the best show but its tradition!:thumbs-up

whilst we were taking pictures by the fountain, a lovely cast member named Karen came over and was chatting to us about our day. She was asking where we were staying etc and Jason gave her the short version of events!
The lovely Karen asked me what me favourite ride was to which of course I replied ToT. She then handed me a 'no strings attached' which entitled us to ride ToT without queuing. Tom very quietly said to me but mum I don't want to ride it to which I reassured he didn't have to. So Karen asked Tom if he prefers ice-cream over rides? Of course Tom answered with a great big yes! so Karen handed him a 'no strings attached' for some ice-cream.

That tiny bit of pixie dust... ahh, it was overwhelming! I may have shed a tear or 3 ;) we thanked Karen for restoring our faith in the universe!

Jason and the girls rode ToT whilst Tom indulged in a Mickey's premium bar ice-cream! Then I went on with Jess. (The voucher was for 6 rides on ToT!)

We had a look around the shops and headed out of the park. I was feeling pretty good! In fact I was feeling so good - I was feeling hungry! I wanted steak! :pgig:

We decided to stop off at Logan's. It was around 8.45pm and we had to wait 10min but that was fine.
The food here was amazing!

Gracie discovered her love for steak this night! I swear if you cut her in half you would find sirloin steak medium rare:tongue::pgig:

Tom had burger everyone else had steak and ribs!

After our tummies were full, we headed back to the villa. The children jumped into bed and watched TV. Jason and I sat in the jacuzzi and caught up with Tim Tracker!

jothp 23 May 20 09:22 PM

Another fantastic day. What a fantastic piece of pixie dust.

Orlando 2004 23 May 20 09:30 PM

Great day.

JanetteP 24 May 20 12:37 PM

I'm with you - ToT is my all time favourite ride, and HS is my favourite park. Great day, what lovely pixie dust. :thumbs-up

Ilovesnowwhite 27 May 20 10:03 PM

A totally fabulous day xx Love HS xx