theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Glitch/Cheap price thread October/November 2018 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1048533)

Milpston 22 Sep 17 04:41 PM

Glitch/Cheap price thread October/November 2018

I'm looking for flights for 12th October 2018 to 2nd November 2018.

Just wondered if there would be any interest in a thread like the July/August one where people could share their finds and tips as the 11 month mark is sloooooooowwwwly approaching!

For us there are 2 adults, a teen, a 3 year old and an infant.

I'm really hoping to get direct flights into MCO/TPA/FLL/MIA from London and a 7 seater for £3000 or under. Am I living in a dream world?

At the moment the prices I have are:-

Thomas Cook direct (flying back a day later) £2748 with no car hire

Virgin flydrive (on virgin website) £4250 but £4760 once you add the required car insurance.

Ocean Florida £4000 Virgin flights with a fully insured Alamo 7 seater (apparently)

All way over what I'm hoping for so hoping things change at 11 months or the Dibb can find me the bargains :wavey: Don't want to be thinking about indirect unless I really have to.

dancingbear 22 Sep 17 05:15 PM

I shall join you as also looking for oct/nov flights. Nothing that isn't crazy expensive yet!

dancingbear 22 Sep 17 05:23 PM

Oh and we are also a family of 5 looking to fly from London!

dancingbear 22 Sep 17 05:28 PM

Thomas cook is £3243 for our dates and virgin is £4500+

Holding high hopes for a ba fly drive but its nerve wracking waiting!

Milpston 22 Sep 17 05:35 PM

Glad it's not just me losing patience with waiting already!

Worst part is knowing I'll just have to pay whatever the cost but really want a bargain!

Haven't been to Florida for a long time. Do you think under £3k as above will be achievable?

Hoping for some top tips to come along or for someone just to throw what I want into my lap :D

dancingbear 22 Sep 17 05:41 PM

Don't ask me, never done this before! But feeling hopeful (I think, lol)

Milpston 22 Sep 17 05:43 PM

fingers crossed for both of us then! :grin:

Kat11 22 Sep 17 05:55 PM

We have already booked flights for next Oct direct with TC but that was a while ago now. I think it's worth getting quotes from the likes of Charter travel as they quote for whatever part of your holiday you need. We have booked our Disney hotel part through them as they were cheaper than Disney direct even. There are other company's as well as charter that might be worth checking.

Kat

DisneyDaffodil 22 Sep 17 05:57 PM

We booked a Virgin fly/drive for 2 adults in economy for £1200 for October 21-November 2 next year. We booked in the January sale this year. It may be worth hanging on for next year's January sale if you have the nerve (or patience)

This does not includes seating together which we can't add yet or car insurance (but we aren't picking up the car so won't be taking out extra insurance)

QueenMab 22 Sep 17 07:38 PM

We're looking for 2a 2c (although DS will be 12 when we fly so maybe he's an adult too?) for 20 Oct to 2 Nov direct into MCO.
My budget is £3500 but hoping for around the £3000 mark. I'll start looking at the 11 month mark but happy to hang on til the Jan sales. I have however got good prices (for short haul anyway!) on Boxing Day...