theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Is Car Hire putting anyone else off booking? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202800)

ayeready 31 Aug 21 01:59 PM

Is Car Hire putting anyone else off booking?

Trying to get booked for June 2022 but car hire is killing us.

£2200 - £3500 for 14 days for Full SUV hire is just not workable. There's 4 of us with 4 cases (at least). We might be able to fit in to a standard SUV but even they are up at nearly £2k.

Have found flights and accommodation through BA that i'm happy to pay as roughly £1000 more than normal but there's no way i'd be willing to pay another £1800 extra in top of that to get a car for the fortnight.
We're looking at an additional £3k on top of our usual price for next year and i'm not sure i can stomach paying that.

Anyone else having real problems booking at agreeable prices?

sully301 31 Aug 21 02:04 PM

Have you tried discount florida car hire? You could always get an Uber from the airport if that is driving your need for a bigger car. We have a standard suv booked for November £1100 gold and intermediate SUV for next September for £ 800.

Photogirl62 31 Aug 21 02:05 PM

Have you emailed Andy @ DFCH? He beat all quotes and we’ve booked with him for a month next July standard SUV. Nothing to pay upfront and can amend booking if prices drop

loldis 31 Aug 21 02:06 PM

Can't comment on the prices, but I would say that book the size that you need for the majority of your stay, rather than worrying about fitting everything on the airport run. Send everyone who doesn't fit in an Uber to/from the airport for around $40 or so if you need to.

ayeready 31 Aug 21 02:09 PM

Yep. Those are Andys prices for my dates.

I've been keeping an eye on flydrive prices also but they just keep going up.

Crazy times unfortunately.

Moorlandman 31 Aug 21 02:10 PM

Hold off booking for now and let the prices settle. Prices have already started to drop on some sites

ayeready 31 Aug 21 02:20 PM

I've actually just found a great deal for flight and accommodation on BA that's only around £400 more than pre-pandemic prices. Seems like a really good deal in the current climate.

Think booking that and waiting for car hire prices to drop may be the best idea.

Lorbs 31 Aug 21 02:44 PM

Just hoping it will sort itself out for next year. Recently cancelled our Nov 21 trip as prices as we all know are ridiculous at present.

guinness_79 31 Aug 21 03:09 PM

I have managed to get a much cheaper price by getting q quote with the car hire pick up from the hotel as opposed to MCO - will just need to get an UBER from MCO to hotel, possibly a glitch will see when i make the full booking

toonarmani 31 Aug 21 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness_79 (Post 15119452)
I have managed to get a much cheaper price by getting q quote with the car hire pick up from the hotel as opposed to MCO - will just need to get an UBER from MCO to hotel, possibly a glitch will see when i make the full booking

Who is this with if you don’t mind me asking. Thanks