theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Taxi from Tampa to Universal studios! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1203102)

Cheshire cat 5 Sep 21 11:00 AM

Taxi from Tampa to Universal studios!

Hi,
Has anyone flown into Tampa and then got a taxi across to Orlando? What companies would you recommend and how did you prebook these. Also how much did it roughly cost ?
Thanks

Markpc2013 5 Sep 21 11:06 AM

Never done it but did check once. Journey time is around 80-90mins and an uber without surge pricing is around $115 each way. HTH

Cheshire cat 5 Sep 21 11:14 AM

Thank you

Even with this taxi fare added on to the price of flights to Tampa, it still seems cheaper than flying to Orlando!

babbymint 5 Sep 21 11:21 AM

you could also do a one day one way car hire - I know prices are high now but in the past we've done this for $35

Markpc2013 5 Sep 21 11:21 AM

It often can be! Tampa is a great airport to fly in/out of, much smaller so we feel it’s quicker than MCO.

Cheshire cat 5 Sep 21 11:26 AM

Yes keep hearing positives about Tampa Airport. At the moment a £700 difference in direct flight prices.

Cheshire cat 5 Sep 21 11:28 AM

Will look into car hire too. Thank you

Bozza 5 Sep 21 11:29 AM

You can just pick up a car at Tampa and drop it straight off when you get to Orlando.

On a recent trip, where we flew indirect to Tampa, I wasn't sure how we were going to get up from Tampa to the Beach Club, figuring we'd probably just get an Uber.

But, at Charlotte where our first flight went, I booked a car whilst waiting in the immigration line, and we picked it up in Tampa a few hours later.

We drove up to Orlando and I dropped the family off at the Beach Club whilst I went next door to drop the car off at the Dolphin. The total rental time was about 90 minutes!

Cheshire cat 5 Sep 21 11:37 AM

Thats helpful - hadn’t heard of such short car rentals.

If the Uber cost about £200 from Tampa to Orlando and back. We will save £500 so that’s good.

toonarmani 5 Sep 21 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 15125314)
You can just pick up a car at Tampa and drop it straight off when you get to Orlando.

On a recent trip, where we flew indirect to Tampa, I wasn't sure how we were going to get up from Tampa to the Beach Club, figuring we'd probably just get an Uber.

But, at Charlotte where our first flight went, I booked a car whilst waiting in the immigration line, and we picked it up in Tampa a few hours later.

We drove up to Orlando and I dropped the family off at the Beach Club whilst I went next door to drop the car off at the Dolphin. The total rental time was about 90 minutes!

The problem currently with car rental prices is collecting from an airport and dropping off in Orlando is adding £350-400+ to the cost, whereas same rental period but collect from Universal is cheaper.

e.g. Universal collection to anywhere (4 days) was £180; same 4 days but collect at Tampa (or Orlando) was £570. :erm: