theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Hotel for the night near Discovery Cove (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1204239)

irvin38a 22 Sep 21 01:43 PM

Hotel for the night near Discovery Cove

So next year will [hopefully] be our 14th trip to Orlando and I know it’s probably hard to believe but we’ve never done DC! 🤣. Anyway, we will be doing it next year and looking at doing the Ultimate package, having a few beers and book a room locally for the night so I can have a few beers and don’t have to drive back to Davenport We have some spare Tesco/Hotels.com vouchers to pay for it.

Where would people recommend for the night near DC? Family of 4 with a 9 and 11 year old so would have to be kid friendly.

Thanks!

Arsenal8 24 Sep 21 09:51 PM

The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, is probably the best hotel locally and used to do a shuttle two and from discovery cove and seaworld as it is a partner hotel. I’ve stayed there and it’s nice.

There are some other local hotels to discovery cove, maybe check out the partner hotels on the discovery cove/ seaworld website.

If you want to drink maybe just get and Uber or Lyft.

SuziQz 24 Sep 21 10:29 PM

We stayed at the Renaissance in 2016, it’s a lovely hotel. The room was huge and breakfast was great.

We decided to walk to DC the afternoon before our swim day to get checked in early. It’s further than it looks on a map! The staff thought we were bonkers and insisted on driving us back in one of their shuttle buses. At the time the shuttle to DC ran from the Seaworld carpark, which is just across the road from the hotel, and a much shorter walk!

Merryweather17 24 Sep 21 11:09 PM

Staybridge suites at Seaworld have studios and 1 and 2 bed units so more space for the family, there is also the Doubletree at Seaworld which is a nice resort and another partner hotel.

sashadog 26 Sep 21 04:40 AM

I was also gonna say either the Renaissance or doubletree. They are both really near to sea world and there used to be a spot where a mini bus will take you to discovery cove

Taffy1959 26 Sep 21 06:01 AM

Another vote for the Renaissance we’ve stayed there twice and it’s a lovely hotel.
We didn’t go to DC while we were staying there but as others have said there’s a pick up point with a phone near the I-Ride bus stop on the Seaworld car park where a DC shuttle will pick you up.

irvin38a 28 Sep 21 07:37 AM

Thanks everyone.

anita1963 28 Sep 21 07:39 AM

Definitely doubletree..been staying for over 20 years ..never a bad stay

nhyw 28 Sep 21 10:53 AM

Why not just take an Uber there and back to Davenport after?

duchy 28 Sep 21 11:00 AM

Doubletree has nice grounds and a footpath to Seaworld .
I’m not sure I’d stay if I had a villa already though but would Uber unless you want to explore I Drive too.