theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=946073)

Minnie4Mickey 13 Apr 16 11:56 AM

What Happens in Vegas...
 
My first ever trip report! :D

Pre Trip

Day 1 - Travel Day.
Day 2 - Exploring the strip.
Day 3 - Shopping, Serendipity & Hakkasan.
Day 4 - Venetian, Trevi & Thunder.
Day 5 - MGM Grand, Wet Republic & Marquee.
Day 6 - Hash House, Stratosphere & Fremont St.
Day 7 - Bacchanal Buffet & Johnny Rockets.
Day 8 - Grand Canyon, Outback & "O".
Day 9 - North Premier Outlets & Mon Ami Gabi.
Day 10 - Homeward bound.

donna252 24 Aug 16 10:31 PM

Loved reading this sounds like you had an amazing time. Can't wait to read last few days x

Minnie4Mickey 25 Aug 16 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donna252 (Post 11933449)
Loved reading this sounds like you had an amazing time. Can't wait to read last few days x

Thank you for reading so far! I will continue uploading the last few days soon! I was so pre occupied with a job interview I was having and I didn't have any spare time! :) X

Lisa_Lollipop 25 Aug 16 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey (Post 11934461)
Thank you for reading so far! I will continue uploading the last few days soon! I was so pre occupied with a job interview I was having and I didn't have any spare time! :) X

I am eagerly awaiting to hear about the rest of the trip ;) I hope the interview went well! :)

Minnie4Mickey 25 Aug 16 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop (Post 11934533)
I am eagerly awaiting to hear about the rest of the trip ;) I hope the interview went well! :)

It will be up very shortly :) I have taken my time, apologies! The interview went great thank you! I am now going to be a member of British Airways Cabin Crew :D:D just need to pass my 6 week training!

langside 25 Aug 16 02:51 PM

thanks ever so much for posting yoru trip report - really enjoyed reading it and can't wait for my trip in a few weeks (it will be my 2nd time in vegas but 1st time we were only there for 3 days so didn't get to do alot).

Can't wait to try some of these food places and your review of the pool party has helped assure my mind that I've done the right thing not planing on doing one (I can get a little anxious in big crouds) and I'm going to look into doing O now too :grin:

Minnie4Mickey 25 Aug 16 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langside (Post 11935403)
thanks ever so much for posting yoru trip report - really enjoyed reading it and can't wait for my trip in a few weeks (it will be my 2nd time in vegas but 1st time we were only there for 3 days so didn't get to do alot).

Can't wait to try some of these food places and your review of the pool party has helped assure my mind that I've done the right thing not planing on doing one (I can get a little anxious in big crouds) and I'm going to look into doing O now too :grin:

You're more than welcome! Thank you for reading, I'm glad it could be of use to you :)! How long are you going for this time and where are you staying?

Some of the places we ate at were amazing, I really did love the Bacchanal Buffet!

Pool party was fun, but it was way too busy and that made it quite un-enjoyable. Plenty of other things to do and see in Vegas, so don't feel like you are missing out! O was amazing, I would highly recommend this :)

I hope you have a lovely holiday, Vegas is great! I am envious ;) x

langside 25 Aug 16 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey (Post 11935500)
You're more than welcome! Thank you for reading, I'm glad it could be of use to you :)! How long are you going for this time and where are you staying?

Some of the places we ate at were amazing, I really did love the Bacchanal Buffet!

Pool party was fun, but it was way too busy and that made it quite un-enjoyable. Plenty of other things to do and see in Vegas, so don't feel like you are missing out! O was amazing, I would highly recommend this :)

I hope you have a lovely holiday, Vegas is great! I am envious ;) x

must admit before reading your trip report I wans't really going to consider a buffet but now the issue is how do I fit them all in :tongue:

last time I stayed at the vdara and did the grand canyon heli/ skywalk/ raft like you, hoover dam day and red rock horse riding but it was only for 3 nights after visiting Cali so hardly saw vegas (and it was memorial weekend so it was rammed!)

We're only staying at the excalibur this time but for 8 nights - we know its not going to be the ritz but our package cost less than 900 for the two of us so can't complain (plus its handy for thunder ;) )

My bestie wants to see one of the headlining DJs - David Guetta is doing the pool party at encore but The chain smokers are at Hakkassan which I think settling wise I'd prefer - otherwise we're looking forward to relaxing and seeing the sites :)

Minnie4Mickey 26 Aug 16 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langside (Post 11935648)
must admit before reading your trip report I wans't really going to consider a buffet but now the issue is how do I fit them all in :tongue:

last time I stayed at the vdara and did the grand canyon heli/ skywalk/ raft like you, hoover dam day and red rock horse riding but it was only for 3 nights after visiting Cali so hardly saw vegas (and it was memorial weekend so it was rammed!)

We're only staying at the excalibur this time but for 8 nights - we know its not going to be the ritz but our package cost less than 900 for the two of us so can't complain (plus its handy for thunder ;) )

My bestie wants to see one of the headlining DJs - David Guetta is doing the pool party at encore but The chain smokers are at Hakkassan which I think settling wise I'd prefer - otherwise we're looking forward to relaxing and seeing the sites :)

The buffets are incredible, nothing like your usual spanish buffets where everything looks the same and tastes average. Everything is so fresh and yummy! Couldn't recommend them enough! They left us full for so long as well, so we ended up saving money on food! and trust me we both have huge appetites lol.

Yeah that's completely fair, my last trip was like that, you need to fit so much in and if you are only there for a few days you don't really get to see Vegas. That's an amazing price, and who cares where you're staying all that matters is you're in Vegas ;) and being close to the thunder boys is never a bad thing!

I would definitely choose Hakkasan over the pool party, however you mentioned the pool party is at Encore? If that is the "night swim" I have heard amazing things, apparently it's a completley different vibe and atmosphere to the day pool parties and I know a few people (mostly cabin crew) who only have amazing things to say about Encores pool parties. We did have one planned but were too hungover to make it lol!

Lisa_Lollipop 26 Aug 16 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey (Post 11935304)
It will be up very shortly :) I have taken my time, apologies! The interview went great thank you! I am now going to be a member of British Airways Cabin Crew :D:D just need to pass my 6 week training!

Oh amazing, well done you! Good luck with the training, keep us updated on how you are getting on! :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.