theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What’s the chance of winning the bid to U/C (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1209361)

juless77 30 Nov 21 08:24 PM

What’s the chance of winning the bid to U/C

I know it’s like a piece of string but go in just over a week or so and travelling out premium we have put a bid in to upgrade to upper class just a bit above the minimum bid ….there is around 12 seats left in upper class so far still around 18 in premium just wondering what u think our chances of getting the bid approved either as a guess or by experience ….many thanks :thumbs-up

nialltruan 30 Nov 21 11:21 PM

Can i ask where you are bidding for this ? I haven't heard of this and it sounds very interesting !

AJ86 30 Nov 21 11:39 PM

I managed it from economy to upper class by putting the minimum bid in. I’d say there was about 18-20 upper class seats left when I bid. Found out 2 days before travel. Cabin was full when travelling so guess a lot were successful or managed to upgrade with points.

juless77 1 Dec 21 05:46 AM

Ooo thank you …we did this in virgin website :d:

Mr Tom Morrow 1 Dec 21 09:04 AM

OP. Putting the bid to one side for the minute what is it showing on your booking to do an upgrade by just going the normal way of upgrading?
That is a good starter for ten reference your likelihood of being successful.

fiendj 1 Dec 21 11:24 AM

I don't know what the actual odds are for getting the upgrade but my mum put just over the minimum bid in two weeks before she flew and it was accepted. When she put the bid in there was still twelve seats available in upper. If she had paid to upgrade (only one way) it was going to cost nearly £2000 from premium to upper. I would love to know how they actually decide on who wins the bids.

PoohBears#1fan 1 Dec 21 11:45 AM

We had ours accepted in October to Barbados outbound (PE to UC) but our inbound wasn't (& was quite a bit more expensive at the airport so still available!).

I'd been watching both flights prior to the bid conclusion to see if I could get any hints, both legs had plenty of empty seats right up until the last minute, both flights the UC cabin was full on boarding.

I don't think there's any way of predicting it, it's all down to what other bids are on the table and others who pay cash to upgrade which you have no way of having any sight of.

Good luck, it's great if you can get it, our outbound bid saved us thousands on the upgrade price as we'd booked through VH.

tspill 1 Dec 21 12:10 PM

Do the odds not change depending on how much you bid?

SamH88 1 Dec 21 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialltruan (Post 15230502)
Can i ask where you are bidding for this ? I haven't heard of this and it sounds very interesting !

Most big airlines give you the option to bid to upgrade your seat to a better cabin. I've had the option on bookings with Aer Lingus and Air Canada before. The price is on top of your already purchased ticket and as far as I remember your whole party has to do it.

juless77 1 Dec 21 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 15230716)
OP. Putting the bid to one side for the minute what is it showing on your booking to do an upgrade by just going the normal way of upgrading?
That is a good starter for ten reference your likelihood of being successful.

Because we have already put the bid in ...Its not showing any options for bidding now... Is that what you mean ? we are already coming home U/C its just the outbound one we bid on ...:thumbs-up