theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   New Character Breakfast - Princesses - **update post #19** - returns July 2019 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1114047)

Guest 25 Jan 19 10:10 AM

New Character Breakfast - Princesses - **update post #19** - returns July 2019

Disneyland have announced they are going to be offering a new character breakfast option at Auberge de Cendrillon.

Initially this will run between Februrary 12th and April 1st but could be extended if it is popular. The cost is €49 for adults and €39 for kids and includes hot and cold breakfast options, with three Disney princesses to meet each morning.

You can book three days ahead, and there are two sittings 8.15am and 9.45am.

Thought I would pop this up on here in case it helps anyone planning a trip. It seems a slightly cheaper way of meeting the princesses versus the lunch price. I also know some aren't keen on the menu at lunch so the offer of breakfast might be more suitable :)

itsajennything 25 Jan 19 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 (Post 13660170)
Disneyland have announced they are going to be offering a new character breakfast option at Auberge de Cendrillon.

Initially this will run between Februrary 12th and April 1st but could be extended if it is popular. The cost is €49 for adults and €39 for kids and includes hot and cold breakfast options, with three Disney princesses to meet each morning.

You can book three days ahead, and there are two sittings 8.15am and 9.45am.

Thought I would pop this up on here in case it helps anyone planning a trip. It seems a slightly cheaper way of meeting the princesses versus the lunch price. I also know some aren't keen on the menu at lunch so the offer of breakfast might be more suitable :)

Saw that on Twitter yday. How exciting. Hoping it is extended as we head Oct. 🤞🏼We are doing invention brunch on the Sunday and can’t wait but this would be a nice option for another day. We are free half board..Wonder if u can use ur breakfast toward it or just forgo ur breakfast that day.

Gill H 25 Jan 19 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsajennything (Post 13660291)
Saw that on Twitter yday. How exciting. Hoping it is extended as we head Oct. 🤞🏼We are doing invention brunch on the Sunday and can’t wait but this would be a nice option for another day. We are free half board..Wonder if u can use ur breakfast toward it or just forgo ur breakfast that day.

I think you can with Plaza Gardens so I would hope so.

This makes so much sense. I have never eaten there but have seen so many posts about people wanting to do it for the characters but not liking the food.

Personally I like the look of the normal menu - you would expect fancy food from a princess, surely? But it’s a lot to pay if kids don’t eat anything. This will give a better option I think.

Now, if they put a Marvel one in Restaurant des Stars too, they would clean up.

HappyPanda 25 Jan 19 01:30 PM

I'm almost certain I am going to book this for our February trip. Although I'm just waiting to see confirmation of the menu.

They have confirmed that Hotel guests can book from 6th February; bypassing the 3 day before rule.

We also have half board and I saw it confirmed on twitter that the usual discounts will apply like they do for Plaza Gardens.

itsajennything 25 Jan 19 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyPanda (Post 13660468)
I'm almost certain I am going to book this for our February trip. Although I'm just waiting to see confirmation of the menu.

They have confirmed that Hotel guests can book from 6th February; bypassing the 3 day before rule.

We also have half board and I saw it confirmed on twitter that the usual discounts will apply like they do for Plaza Gardens.

Ooh that’s good to know. Will Be keeping an eye to see if they continue it for the rest of the year. Would love to go in oct

itsajennything 25 Jan 19 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13660422)

This makes so much sense. I have never eaten there but have seen so many posts about people wanting to do it for the characters but not liking the food.

Personally I like the look of the normal menu - you would expect fancy food from a princess, surely? But it’s a lot to pay if kids don’t eat anything. This will give a better option I think.

Yes we did Cinderella royal table in wdw at Christmas. We did it 2013 too and the food was fancy. I didn’t enjoy the food that much in 2013 but it was absolutely delicious on our trip at Christmas there but I’m the same as u .. u expect fancy food when it’s a princess affair. The only reason I’m not booking the lunch for dlp is I can’t justify the price when we already have inventions brunch booked and we did 4 character meals in wdw at Christmas lol but if the breakfast is available in Oct it would be a slightly cheaper option for us then. I wonder will Cinderella’s two mice be at breakfast then?

HappyPanda 25 Jan 19 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsajennything (Post 13660477)
Ooh that’s good to know. Will Be keeping an eye to see if they continue it for the rest of the year. Would love to go in oct

If we do it I'll make sure I include a full write up in my trip report. I would think that if it's popular (like I'm sure it will be!) they'll continue it as it will be a great money make for them!

itsajennything 25 Jan 19 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyPanda (Post 13660482)
If we do it I'll make sure I include a full write up in my trip report. I would think that if it's popular (like I'm sure it will be!) they'll continue it as it will be a great money make for them!

Ooh fantastic I’ll keep on the look out for it if u do decide to go for it. 🤞🏼 They do lol. The girls would love some princess time haha and me too

suziwong_96 25 Jan 19 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13660422)

I'm crossing my fingers for a Marvel meal in April,. My wee boy would be so happy! :grin:

wendy7654 25 Jan 19 07:47 PM

I really hope they extend it until end of May, got a first timer with us and she would love a princess breakfast.