theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Saddest image in the UK today (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1193129)

disney332 17 Apr 21 10:15 PM

Saddest image in the UK today

RIP Philip.

Disney332

jdouds 17 Apr 21 10:19 PM

Surly Charles should have been by her side, or at least 2 seats away.

bronny 17 Apr 21 10:21 PM

I agree. It really upset me to be honest and I’m no fan of the royals. All I saw was an elderly lady who had no support grieving for her husband of 73 years.

Gull 17 Apr 21 10:23 PM

I’ve been very fortunate that I’ve not had any funerals to attend during these times. Can’t imagine how awful it would be. So unnatural.

I must say, what a fantastic service it was. The carriage with his gloves and bunnet brought tears and the music was very moving too. The singers were terrific.

KarenG 17 Apr 21 10:25 PM

Unfortunately many of us have experienced exactly this over the last twelve months or so. It’s absolutely awful but I suspect the Queen would not have wanted to not follow the guidance laid out to the rest of us.

Both my grans died in the last nine months - neither of COVID - I wasn’t even able to attend the funeral of the first one as numbers were so limited at that point (despite being born in and lived in her house and being very close during the first few years of my life). At least numbers has increased to 30 when my second gran passed.

It’s awful for everyone.

Sandra & co 17 Apr 21 10:34 PM

What I can’t understand is the queens lady in waiting was in the car with her so why couldn’t she sit by her side in the church. If she’s in a bubble with others she could of sat with one of them. It’s very sad 😞

scooby99 17 Apr 21 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 14927131)
What I can’t understand is the queens lady in waiting was in the car with her so why couldn’t she sit by her side in the church. If she’s in a bubble with others she could of sat with one of them. It’s very sad 😞

Because there is a limit of 30 mourners within a church for a funeral service. Members of the clergy/choir aren’t included within the number.
If the lady in waiting had sat with the Queen inside the church, one of the family members would have to be excluded.

vanlou 17 Apr 21 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 14927131)

I guess because she would have had to be counted as one of the 30 guests, so one of the close family would then not have been able to attend.

MarkUK 17 Apr 21 10:46 PM

I absolutely love the Queen; So strong & resolute on the outside. I hope she has a good cry privately. 73 years of marriage, A truly remarkable women, a truly remarkable couple!

disney332 17 Apr 21 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkUK (Post 14927142)
I absolutely love the Queen; So strong & resolute on the outside. I hope she has a good cry privately. 73 years of marriage, A truly remarkable women, a truly remarkable couple!

This...👍

God Save Our Noble Queen

Disney332