theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon" Is Now Open At Universal Orlando (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1015868)

Stu 7 Apr 17 04:14 PM

"Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon" Is Now Open At Universal Orlando

2 Attachment(s)
inline image"Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon celebrated the grand opening of Universal Orlando Resort's newest ride, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. The all-new ride takes guests on an action-packed race through the Big Apple against Jimmy Fallon himself, and completely immerses them in the world of America’s favorite talk show – "The Tonight Show."

Jimmy Fallon kicked off the celebration with a New York-style ticker tape parade in Universal Studios Florida that featured tons of confetti, a custom float and beloved Universal Orlando characters. Joining Jimmy on the float were "Tonight Show" house band The Roots, announcer Steve Higgins, and an array of characters from the show, including Hashtag the Panda, the Ragtime Gals barbershop quartet, and even Stepdad Gary from the popular "Ew!" sketch. The moment culminated with a countdown to the official opening of the attraction and a special ribbon cutting.

The ride, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, replaces "Twister Ride It Out, which closed in November 2015.

redjack 7 Apr 17 04:40 PM

we managed to try this attraction 10 days ago and they show some of the highlights from some of his shows which are very funny and a great way of passing the time while you are queueing the ride itself is a simulator which does throw you about a bit and in our opinion a much better attraction than Twister

tracey1302 8 Apr 17 01:02 AM

I'm sorry to say, I have no desire to go on this ride 🙈 A better attraction than Twister doesn't take a lot of doing 😂😂

YLL 8 Apr 17 04:07 PM

Yet another simulator/screen attraction at Universal. That's all they do. Give me animatronics!

Twinklestar1 8 Apr 17 09:59 PM

Did this a couple of days ago. Early morning so not too busy- thought it was ok but the waiting around seemed endless even with the entertainment. Saw it pm and the queue was enormous!

debojahh 9 Apr 17 11:23 AM

We rode this on technical rehearsal and really would NOT do it again. Found it to be unfunny and just a bit rubbish :nonono:

Laura_<3 9 Apr 17 11:29 AM

I've heard mixed reviews from various vloggers

ratmanscoop 12 Apr 17 02:33 PM

I went on this with fairly low expectations based on reviews but honestly, I really enjoyed it. Yes, it's nothing groundbreaking, basically like Star Tours but with a much bigger vehicle. That said, the content itself was absurd to the extreme, it took me really by surprise just how silly the actual ride video was, even by Fallon's standards, but in that sense, it was a great experience, I laughed countless times and found the ride experience very pleasurable. Using an Express Pass, it was 6 minutes from entering the building to being in the final pre-ride room where you are rapped the safety instructions, allowing minimal time to see the exhibits, but no issue to me, I'm not at all versed on the Tonight Show's history. The whole day at USF was great on our trip, and RTNY did nothing to diminish it IMO - as entertaining as Twister was, I enjoyed this more for sure, despite my reservations I think it's a worthy replacement.

Guest 13 Apr 17 08:25 AM

thanks for the review :)

Alliex 15 Apr 17 03:43 PM

Can't wait to go on this :)