theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Warning - petrol ripoff Avoid (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137707)

florida2000 21 Jul 19 04:26 AM

Warning - petrol ripoff Avoid

Just a heads up for anyone filling up around premium outlets.

The Shell petrol station on the right half a mile or so before the outlets as you approach from the 535 direction is selling petrol at 699 9/10 (yes, $7 a gallon! ).

I usually take note before going to a station but nipped in there and just realised after $10 so aborted.

It’s around $2.60 - 2.80 most places - so always check before filling up!

boo2 21 Jul 19 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florida2000 (Post 13966827)
Just a heads up for anyone filling up around premium outlets.

The Shell petrol station on the right half a mile or so before the outlets as you approach from the 535 direction is selling petrol at 699 9/10 (yes, $7 a gallon! ).

I usually take note before going to a station but nipped in there and just realised after $10 so aborted.

It’s around $2.60 - 2.80 most places - so always check before filling up!

Sorry you got caught, this station is renowned for being extortionate, total rip-off 😡

Alien 21 Jul 19 07:04 AM

we got ripped off 2013 same place! I avoid all Shell due to this.

Mr Tom Morrow 21 Jul 19 07:25 AM

Been basically the same price since they opened.

I am sure one of the residents said the owners only wanted a shop but had to have a garage to get planning permission . They didn't want to sell fuel hence they put the prices to a silly level.

Antsp 21 Jul 19 08:37 AM

Maybe they are selling it at standard UK prices so visitors don’t get home sick.

TheRobsters 21 Jul 19 08:53 AM

We got caught there the other day... were desperate for fuel and didn’t realise. I normally check the price so not quite sure what came over me!

Mr Tom Morrow 21 Jul 19 09:01 AM

Only $2.65 a gallon in Speedway opposite Disney Springs today.

God I wish we had those prices. Cost me just over £80 to fill up last week.:cry:

And whats this litre nonsense we have! Why can't we have gallons?

mick 21 Jul 19 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 13967017)
Only $2.65 a gallon in Speedway opposite Disney Springs today.

God I wish we had those prices. Cost me just over £80 to fill up last week.:cry:

And whats this litre nonsense we have! Why can't we have gallons?

Tom

And isn't it great when you're over there watching Brian Shields on WFTV news saying it's going to be 82 degrees today? None of this Centigrade nonsense. If Brian says expect 28 today you'd better be off to North Face at Premium for a thick fleece.

Mick

RickT 21 Jul 19 09:15 AM

Yup.. This place has always been that high for fuel.. The rumour is what Mr Tom says..

w3dal 21 Jul 19 09:35 AM

Always wonder if peeps get stuck at that place.