theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Fastpass / Genie - are you going to need a doctorate to understand it? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1201276)

adamtoonarmy 9 Aug 21 10:45 AM

Fastpass / Genie - are you going to need a doctorate to understand it?

From the Disney Dish Len Testa/Jim Hill podcast this morning - so all unconfirmed. Supposedly for implementation 1st October or soon after. Announcement this month.

All of these options will be implemented at the same time as a replacement to fastpass

Lightening Pass - Paid entry into the fastpass line (much like the Paris model)

Lightening Pass Plus - Costs more than LP but straight to the front of the line

Genie Basic - Free but only allows you to book a time to join the standby line. Once in the standby line you have to wait the same as everyone else.

Genie Favourite Attractions - Free and allows you to identify a specific number of favourite attractions. You then 'may' receive an alert informing you when the standby line is low. Only some folks will receive that message though so the attraction isn't overloaded.

Genie Plus - Paid customised touring plans, much like those already offered by the Touring Plans website.

Standby - (most but not all attractions) - traditional walk up and wait.

Boarding Groups - Will continue for ROTR and will be the only way to ride Ratatouille when it opens.

Rac20 9 Aug 21 10:46 AM

Who comes up with these ideas?
My head hurt just reading it all.

adamtoonarmy 9 Aug 21 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 15090894)
Who comes up with these ideas?
My head hurt just reading it all.

I had to listen to it twice before I posted. Supposedly deliberately complicated to tempt folks to go for LP or LP+

Rac20 9 Aug 21 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy (Post 15090897)
I had to listen to it twice before I posted. Supposedly deliberately complicated to tempt folks to go for LP or LP+

Fed up of all this money making tactics. It’s bad enough that you have to pay extortionate car parking fees on top never mind fast passes. 😔

loldis 9 Aug 21 10:50 AM

Potentially having two levels of lightning makes sense to why there's such a wide price range rumoured for it.

Surprised Ratatouille might be going BG only though, I would have put this in the same tier as Runaway Railway, not RotR. But I guess they want you out drinking in France, not queueing. :d:

adamtoonarmy 9 Aug 21 10:59 AM

To be honest if this turns out to be accurate I will just ignore the lot. Rope drop with early entry, return late in the day to pick up the shorter lines.

loldis 9 Aug 21 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy (Post 15090924)
To be honest if this turns out to be accurate I will just ignore the lot. Rope drop with early entry, return late in the day to pick up the shorter lines.

This has always been my strategy, even with FP. Last trip, I end up cancelling half the FPs I made because I got on the ride at rope drop with little wait and couldn't be bothered hanging around for my window to open. So any new system won't make much difference to me.

BevS97 9 Aug 21 11:51 AM

Our last trip we literally went from fast pass to fast pass. I booked the next fast pass while boarding the previous one. Almost always for 30 minutes later. Which was enough time to board, ride and walk to the next ride.

dan223 9 Aug 21 01:00 PM

Such a shame, I can deal with some of the other parks charging but with disneys admission being so high as it is, that is a shame. I wonder if anything will be included in the UK tickets (other than the free options).

Leia77 9 Aug 21 01:00 PM

This really is a blow if it comes to fruition. We are early risers and do get a lot done in the mornings, but we do also like to have the odd longer lie and fast pass late afternoon/early evening. Struggling to look forward to our trip at the moment (which is crazy! ).