theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Team Bricki Just Touched Down In London Town- September 2021 DAY EIGHT (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1205558)

princessnicki 8 Oct 21 04:55 PM

Team Bricki Just Touched Down In London Town- September 2021 DAY EIGHT

Today was sadly our last day and we were heading home on the train this evening. We packed everything up, said goodbye to our stunning room, checked out and left our luggage with consierge for the day.

We walked over to Covent Garden for one final time and took one last look around.

Our lunch reservation was at Ave Mario. This is an Italian restaurant owned by the Big Mamma Group and has only recently opened. It has the most fabulous decor and we got a great booth in the middle of everything. The whole restaurant is just mirrors and crazy lights.

We shared a delicious starter Mac and Truffle Crocchetta (Truffled Mac n Cheese in Crocchetta)

Our mains were absolutely amazing! We both said we fancied pasta as we dont often have this when we go out and neither dish disappointed.

Mafaldine Al Tartufo (Homemade Malfadine Pasta, Truffle Mascarpone Sauce, Fresh Black Truffle).
Such a simple dish but so luxurious and rich. The pasta tasted so fresh and there are just no words for the sauce. Honestly the flavour was just unreal, i could have carried on eating it even after i finished. It is one of the best dishes i have ever had.

Ravioli Alla Carbonara (Ravioli filled with Pecorino Cream and Oozy Egg Yolks topped with Crispy Guanciale)
This was also amazing, again gorgeous fresh pasta filled with so much rich creamy flavour inside

We didnt really need dessert but we couldnt not order their famous Icecream Cake. We ordered this because it looked cool when they serve it but it was some of the best icecream we have ever tried. It was really heavily vanilla flavoured with pieces of delicious chocolate running through. And to top it off they pour warm caramel on top! And it was a massive piece so i am glad we shared! We absolutely loved this!

We enjoyed a couple of refreshing cocktails

Federico Bellini (Moscato, Peach, Lemon Foam, Raspberry)

Calm Yo T**s (Havana Club Rum, Appleton Estate Rum, Trois Rivieres Rum, Lychee, Strawberry, Mint, Lime)
This is the back of the glass, i couldnt post the front for obvious reasons haha

Spritz On The Beach (Vodka, Cranberry, Orange, Prosecco, Peach Liquor)
All cocktails should be served this size!

This was the perfect meal to end our time in London. It was outstanding, one of our favourites of the whole trip.

We headed over to Drury Lane Theatre to watch Frozen. We were both really excited for this as the soundtrack is one of our favourites- we cut our wedding cake to Love Is An Open Door. We had matching tshirts for this show as well quoting our wedding song!

We were asked again if we had had both vaccinations but nobody asked for official proof, they just took our word for it.

We didnt expect amazing seats here as i had only paid £20 each but it wasnt a bad view at all to say we were on the back row, we could see everything.

We loved this show, the new songs are fabulous, the set is unreal and really magical, the actors are fantastic and have incredible voices, Olaf is great, Anna and Elsa were amazing, the little Anna and Elsa were unbelievable too. They have done a perfect job in bringing this movie to life

With a few hours to spare, i could finally mention my surprise to Brett. I had wanted to get him something special for passing his exams, that was exclusive to London, but it was proving to be a difficult task as everything is online nowadays. However there is only one Mallet store in the UK on Carnaby Street and i knew not only how much Brett wanted a pair of these trainers, but how much he admires the owner Tommy Mallet. Tommy used to be on TOWIE, he struggled at school like Brett but has built up a successful trainer empire that has earned him a concession in Sachs in America as well as a spot in Forbes Magazine 30 under 30 this year. It was the perfect idea and we headed to the store to buy him some trainers. Unfortunately they didnt have his size in the pair he desperately wanted. But the sales assistant Anthony was amazing and called Harrods to see if they had a pair and they did. He said if we had time to jump on the tube over there and bring them back, he would bag them up for us in the proper Mallet bag. So we walked up to Picadilly station and got the tube over to Knightsbridge to Harrods and got the shoes, bringing them back to Carnaby Street! One happy husband!

I knew he wanted the fragrance from Rag and Bone too so we treat him to that as well

We had a walk through Trafalger Square to take some pictures but had to make this a brief stop as there were police and football fans everywhere as West Ham were playing that night.

We collected our bags, thanked the staff profusely for taking such good care of us and got a cab to Kings Cross. The train was on time and we arrived back in Leeds at 10.30pm. We got an Uber from the station home and went to bed knowing we still had another 3 days off work to recover!

And that is the end. We had the best time and our trip was just constant fun, trying new things and making memories together. We sampled lots of delicious food and cocktails, enjoyed culture and history, saw amazing West End shows, met some lovely people, stayed in the most beautiful hotel that has the best customer service ever. It was lovely to get away together and feel like we had a proper holiday. London is a very special city and i have no doubt we will be back again in the future. Now to save for our next adventure- Bretts 40th birthday Stateside!

Thanks for reading along

WIGGYSMUM 9 Oct 21 08:01 PM

Thanks a milfor doing this rep, I have really enjoyed reading about your a trip to London 🙏🏻
🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸

princessnicki 9 Oct 21 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM (Post 15168044)
Thanks a milfor doing this rep, I have really enjoyed reading about your a trip to London 🙏🏻
🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹🍸

Ahh thank you so much :) i just commented on your other post but Frozen might be a good replacement for your cancelled experience

Sparksy72 9 Oct 21 10:29 PM

Perfect last day! That truffle pasta 😱 and ice cream cake ( I don’t like cake so growing up I alway had I cream cake for my birthday). How wonderful that you were able to celebrate Brett passing his exam with some gorgeous gifts that will be memorable forever.

A lovely end to the day with Frozen, your shirts are adorable 😍 thank you for sharing your fabulous trip, you have wonderful taste in restaurants and cocktails! 🍹🍸🥂🍷🍾🧉 xx

princessnicki 10 Oct 21 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 (Post 15168206)
Perfect last day! That truffle pasta 😱 and ice cream cake ( I don’t like cake so growing up I alway had I cream cake for my birthday). How wonderful that you were able to celebrate Brett passing his exam with some gorgeous gifts that will be memorable forever.

A lovely end to the day with Frozen, your shirts are adorable 😍 thank you for sharing your fabulous trip, you have wonderful taste in restaurants and cocktails! 🍹🍸🥂🍷🍾🧉 xx

Thank you :) the meal was amazing im so glad we found it. He loves his trainers, he tagged Tommy on insta to say how good the staff are and he replied twice to him so he was proper chuffed :) i need to start getting some ideas for tshirts for Bretts 40th now

snowbelle 10 Oct 21 09:12 PM

I have looked forward to every days instalment 😀
Loved it all , your photos , cocktails and oh the food !
You have an amazing talent for photography and writing , actually making you feel like you can taste the food .
Patiently Waiting for Brett’s 40 th birthday trip report.😉

princessnicki 10 Oct 21 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowbelle (Post 15169255)
I have looked forward to every days instalment 😀
Loved it all , your photos , cocktails and oh the food !
You have an amazing talent for photography and writing , actually making you feel like you can taste the food .
Patiently Waiting for Brett’s 40 th birthday trip report.😉

Ahh thank you so much :) i can take credit for the writing but the photography is all Brett :) haha us too i am hoping it is here before we know it

P&S 11 Oct 21 07:38 PM

Thank you so much for writing this I have really enjoyed reading it and drooling over your food and cocktails :tongue:

princessnicki 11 Oct 21 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P&S (Post 15170213)
Thank you so much for writing this I have really enjoyed reading it and drooling over your food and cocktails :tongue:

Thank you so much :D

jemett 11 Oct 21 11:13 PM

Absolutely loved reading this trip report.
You two are blooming adorable. I also found you on Instagram so I can drool over all the food and cocktails that you post.