theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Additional Support Needs & DAS (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   DAS & Ulcerative Colitis (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=984525)

ladyshane 19 Sep 16 06:59 PM

DAS & Ulcerative Colitis

Although my Ulcerative Colitis is controlled with daily medication it can still cause me problems, when these problems arise I have to visit the loo immediately & often so I am slightly worried about the lengthy queues for the attractions/rides if it does happen to flare up. Would this medical condition qualify me for the DAS card even though i would only use it on any problematic days I may have(fingers crossed I don't have any). TIA

christybell 19 Sep 16 08:33 PM

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but understand your concern. My mum suffers from UC. We utilised fastpasses our last trip

ladyshane 19 Sep 16 09:29 PM

Thank you for your reply Christbell. We utilised fast passes too last year but there were a couple of occasions when we were in a lenghty queue for attractions which we hadn't fast passed and I had to leave the queue due to the UC so was just wondering where i stood with the DAS card.

mooray27 21 Sep 16 01:24 AM

I think you should be able to get a DAS. It is for people who are unable to queue for extended periods of time. You will still have to wait but a DAS will allow you to wait for the rides near a toilet rather than in the queue, minimising any potential problems.

Fingers crossed you won't have a flare up at all!

ladyshane 21 Sep 16 05:33 PM

Thank you mooray 27 your reply is appreciated, it was just a thought to request the DAS. Think I will see how my condition is as the time for our holiday gets nearer. :)

Howleytronix 16 Jan 17 01:49 PM

Hi,

I got a DAS for this in September without problem. It really helped, and put all my worries aside :)

ladyshane 30 Jan 17 07:38 PM

Thanks Howleytronix it's good to hear someone with the same condition as myself was able to get the DAS. I will see how my condition is at the time of travel & will then decide if I need to go to Guest services to request one. Thanks again :)

EddiesLife 22 Jun 19 12:53 PM

Das card

Hello Users,

I can confirm that if you suffer with ulcerative colitis and can prove this via either a supporting letter from your doctor, or your patient summary you can get a DAS card to get fast track access to major theme parks.

Kind Regards,
EddiesLife

Parkhopper 23 Jun 19 09:08 AM

Hi, this is incorrect. You do not need a letter. Disney are not legally allowed to ask for one. I have used the DAS card on 4 occasions in WDW, DLC and DLP. Ladyshane please don’t worry about what the above post says. This is taken direct from the Disney Parks FAQs regarding DAS:

[B]Why doesn’t Disney Parks ask for proof of disability, such as a doctor’s note?
Disney Parks takes Guests at their word and there are legal restrictions around asking for proof.

Raggyavn 24 Jun 19 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkhopper (Post 13916811)
Hi, this is incorrect. You do not need a letter. Disney are not legally allowed to ask for one. I have used the DAS card on 4 occasions in WDW, DLC and DLP. Ladyshane please don’t worry about what the above post says. This is taken direct from the Disney Parks FAQs regarding DAS:

[B]Why doesn’t Disney Parks ask for proof of disability, such as a doctor’s note?
Disney Parks takes Guests at their word and there are legal restrictions around asking for proof.

I can confirm this, last August my wife, who has the same medical condition, went to guest services and told them she had a medical condition that may cause her to need the rest room at short notice. Without question they added the DAS to our bands.