theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Flights AA MAN via PHL (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137544)

nicklovesali 19 Jul 19 05:35 PM

Flights AA MAN via PHL

Hi, we have just sorted our flights for March and have booked through BA with Americans airlines Manchester to Orlando via Philadelphia. Just wanted to know peoples experiences with AA as we’ve never flown with them nor have we gone indirect before, always been Virgin to Orlando. We are doing a week at WDW then 5 nights in Tampa for WrestleMania.

Thanks

RickT 19 Jul 19 05:38 PM

AA are my preferred airline at the moment, had great service last time doing man to phl to MCO and return TPA to phl to man.

I'm doing LHR to phl to TPA in a few days time too

Guest 19 Jul 19 05:55 PM

American Airlines are a perfectly decent option certainly on a par with BA. Philly isn't the best airport in the US, but it certainly isn't the worst and it tends to have a good on-time record which is all you really need to care about as a connecting passenger

Warkman58 19 Jul 19 06:35 PM

Excellent airline. Good service and standards.
PHL us a lovely airport, see if you can find the Lego liberty bell

Sew109 19 Jul 19 06:37 PM

If I fly with "BA" always try to get a route operated by AA IMHO far better than BA better food better staff more room. Only slight concern I woudl avoid flights with them to CLT as they were using the old US Air tin but that may have stopped now.

RickT 19 Jul 19 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew109 (Post 13964573)
If I fly with "BA" always try to get a route operated by AA IMHO far better than BA better food better staff more room. Only slight concern I woudl avoid flights with them to CLT as they were using the old US Air tin but that may have stopped now.

Man to phl currently has an old 767 with no screen back ife scheduled to fly the route later this year.. So that's one to avoid.

choccielover 19 Jul 19 07:25 PM

We have been man-phl with aa and it was a great flight, I’m sure we had seat back ife.

I can’t remember if it was our Oct or apr flights but it was fine and I like them as an airline and will use them if the price is righ

nicklovesali 19 Jul 19 07:28 PM

Thanks for your experiences guys. When we go in march AA will be using new 787 Dreamliners for the MAN-PHL route. Will definitely lookout out for the Lego Liberty Bell

Tracy34 19 Jul 19 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickT (Post 13964584)
Man to phl currently has an old 767 with no screen back ife scheduled to fly the route later this year.. So that's one to avoid.

We have avoided that route this year due to this.

Good to hear that they are going to be using a different plane next year.
We like AA and have flown that route a few times.

nicklovesali 19 Jul 19 08:52 PM

Yeah It’s from Jan they start using dreamliners for this route. I presume we will clear customs in PHL?