theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Obsessed with going back (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1136738)

vampiress88 13 Jul 19 11:51 PM

Obsessed with going back

Need to sort my head out but for some reason I can’t.

Just back from Florida. Have booked again for June 2020 cos we upgraded to annual pass.

I keep looking for deals around October and December. Hubby has already said we can’t go back before June as he has no annual leave (although he could work hours then ask for them in lieu) and we would be stretching it budget wise but in back of my head I wanna get most out of annual pass and just wanna be back there rather than being here.

Probably holiday blues but I just can’t stop.

duchy 14 Jul 19 02:13 AM

If he doesn't have the annual leave then you'd be asking him to work an extra two weeks on top of his normal hours ? That's an awful lot just because you want two holidays . Why don't you have a trip without him if you are feeling that desperate that you can't wait another eleven months.
I have more annual leave than my husband and could have had two weeks in Florida in September but he only has a week left so we've booked a week (cruise plus a couple of nights) instead. He has said I'm welcome to join friends in Vegas on a seperate trip if I want to but in all honesty we will have had two holidays as well as a couple of short breaks so I'm not that fussed.

Really though if an extra trip will stretch the budget and impact on next summer's holiday or other things you have planned it's probably not worth it.

Andybear 14 Jul 19 08:44 AM

I think you're being selfish and unfair on your husband, expecting him to work all those extra hours. You're going twice in less than a year and loads of people can't go at all for various reasons. One of my friends is one of those people. She would love to go but can't fly because of a health problem so she'll never be able to go.

show_the_magic 14 Jul 19 08:48 AM

Sit down and have a cuppa and type up your trip, make a note of the memories and focus on that.
It is not fair to put pressure on your husband, you know that but the holiday blues are taking over.
You are going again in 11 months, less than a year! In a few weeks the thought of going again asap wont be consuming your thoughts, we all want to go back once we have been but obsessing over it and pressuring your husband isn't going to do either of you any good.

Sandra & co 14 Jul 19 08:55 AM

Florida holidays are so good we all feel like that, it will pass and youre going back so focus on that. Get planning, read up, watch videos, read trip reports, think of us poor dibbers who have no plans to go back just yet!

returnplanning 14 Jul 19 09:02 AM

If money is an issue, could you increase your hours worked to help (obviously that doesn't solve your husbands annual leave issues, though)?

Some Banana 14 Jul 19 09:03 AM

We went in May and I feel desperate to be back but we will be very lucky of we manage 2021 so you are very lucky to be back in 11 months 🙂

Col&Ali 14 Jul 19 09:07 AM

When does his leave year end/start? If you want to focus on Florida could you cancel one of the cruises you have booked?

Alwaysdisley 14 Jul 19 09:08 AM

I was the same once we had an annual pass, I used it as a reason to go back. We upgraded as we knew we had two trips in a year (one with friends the Easter after our summer trip). I then also booked a week in Oct and finally a week in summer just before it runs out. We are lucky enough to both work in schools and have lots of holiday though and PPI paid for one trip. I do get where you’re coming from but I would stop looking if it won’t practically work for you, read the DiBB to get your Florida fix instead 🙂

sha9 14 Jul 19 09:11 AM

I think if your husband doesn’t have the leave you just need to accept it’s not happening and concentrate on next year. Like you I feel like I could go several times a year but I don’t have the money so I can’t. I just concentrate on making sure I can go the next year and enjoy the planning. One of the reasons I now do dining and trip reports is to relive the memories - both writing them and re-reading them.