theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Ok Let's Try Another One - August 2018 LIVE - Day 14 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1098221)

missdopey 4 Sep 18 07:29 AM

Ok Let's Try Another One - August 2018 LIVE - Day 14

Today's our last day 😭 we wanted to get a few things done that we hadn't managed to fit in yet. We were up at out as quick as possible this morning, our later evenings were catching up with us and we were sleeping in longer so it was 10.45am before we arrived at Hollywood studios. We walked round to the beauty and the beast stage show which started at 11am, we got pretty good seats. While we were waiting for the show to start I managed to pick up a fastpass for slinky dog coaster for 11.10am. We all enjoyed beauty and the beast, it's been a while since we've seen this as we've always managed to miss it. We then walked over to toy story mania for our slinky fastpass, this was DH's first time on this and we all thought it was fab.

The weather started to turn just as we got off and they announced that the ride may be stopped due to incoming inclement weather, we walked over to the Disney junior stage show and as we got there the rain started, it was really heavy! We sheltered under the canopy outside the star wars launch bay until the Disney junior stage show opened. This is a really fun show for kids and includes Mickey and the gang, Sofia the first, doc mcstuffins and jake and the neverland pirates.

By the time we came out the rain had cleared and we were feeling ready for some lunch, the nearest place was the dockside diner, we got 2 foot long hotdogs topped with pulled pork and coleslaw, these came with a packed to lays crisps, these were $11.49. This was more than enough between the 3 of us, they were huge and really tasty! The pulled pork and coleslaw were both really good and there was plenty of both.

After lunch we popped over to the animation courtyard to meet the Disney junior characters, the queues for these were really short! Literally only a minute or two wait for each. Dd absolutely loves doc mcstuffin so we met her twice, she was great.

It was now nearing 2pm so we decided to call it a day in Hollywood studios and drive over to Epcot for the rest of the day. We always end our time in he parks at magic kingdom but unfortunately there happened to be a Halloween party on tonight so mk closed at 6pm so we had a change of routine and picked Epcot as our final park. We arrived around 2.30pm, bag check was quite busy considering the time. We walked over to living with the land which dd and DH rode and I sat this one out.

I decided to head over to the festival centre while they were on the ride, I got myself a tropical mimosa from the shimmering sips mimosa bar, this was pomegranate, orange and guava juice with sparking wine and cost $6. It was really good and I would have liked to try more of the mimosas on offer.

walked back over to the land to meet DH and DD and DD decided she would like to do the colourtopia interactive activities in innoventions again, there was no queue and it took about 15 minutes in total. We had a fastpass for soarin' at 3.50pm so we walked back over to the land before calling in to see Mickey, goofy and Minnie at the character spot.

Dd really wanted to go back to the family play spot playground so we crossed back over towards test track and dd spent 20 minutes or so climbing in the playground, DH and I enjoyed a passion fruit slush from the Joffrey's stand and our last bit of Florida sun and probably last bit of summer 🙁

We weren't sure what to do for dinner, the food and wine festival was really busy and Epcot was heaving by this point. We made the decision to walk round to boulangerie patisserie les halles in France. Between us we got 2 lobster bisques, 2 croque monsieur's and a duo chocolate dessert. The total came to $35.20. This was absolutely delicious.

The lobster bisque was lovely, it didn't have any chunks of lobster in it but was really tasty.

The croque monsieur was really good with plenty of filling and lots of cheese on top.

We split the sandwiches between the 3 of us and then we all shared the dessert. This was so good, it was chocolate mousses on top of chocolate sponge covered in a shiny ganache. I could have eaten all this myself!

We continued round the world showcase to Norway as I had picked up a fastpass for frozen ever after and after coming of the ride we decided to meet Anna and Elsa, the wait time was posted as 20 minutes but there was only 2 families in front of us in the queue so was actually less than 5.
While in the fastpass queue for frozen I got a fastpass for test track at 7.40pm, we had about a 45 minute wait so we walked down to the fountains where there was a Disney du jour dance party going on, Remy and his friend who's name I forget were there and a DH was playing loads of dancy songs, it was a great atmosphere. DH and dd decided they wanted to ride spaceship earth, there was no queue so they went off and did that whilst I got a Starbucks from fountain view. I'm not really a Starbucks person as I don't know what all the words mean. I ended up getting the fall special of a salted caramel macchiato frappachino. I got the biggest size and this was $5.79, it tasted really good and when dd and DH got off spaceship earth they helped me out with it.

By now it was time for our test track fastpass and like so many other times during our holiday it was down. Rather then wait to see if it would be back up and running soon we used our fastpass for mission space instead, not the best idea having just drank about 2 pints of milk in frozen form 😂. When we came off dd played in the kids climbing area at the end of the ride for 10 minutes or so and then we decided to call it a night, we left Epcot and all the fun and frivolities of the food and wine festival and drove back to bay lake tower.
We considered going to watch hallowishes from the top of the world lounge but instead we packed up most of our stuff ready for an early start to Miami in the morning. We did stop to watch the electrical water pageant from the balcony to one final time this holiday.

app 4 Sep 18 07:39 AM

New Photo Added by missdopey - 4 Sep 18 7:39 AM.

JenD1 4 Sep 18 08:00 AM

Fabulous report thanks so much for sharing 😃.

mick 4 Sep 18 09:22 AM

A great last day :spin:

Joan :wave:

Mortimer Mouse 7 Sep 18 09:03 AM

Another great day. I'm not a Starbucks person either. Their coffee is overrated and there always seems to be a long queue. Give me a filter coffee (with free refills) from the likes of Dennys or IHOP anytime.

Cinderella 7 Sep 18 09:25 PM

Great day!