theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Memory Maker? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133665)

Minnie4Mickey 19 Jun 19 11:36 AM

Memory Maker?

Last time we went to Florida we didn't really make much use of our memory maker as we aren't too sure how it all works.

I understand that all pictures taken around the parks are linked to your account if you show them your Disney ticket or magic bands. Are you then able to download and print your pictures yourself, or do you have to pay to have them printed over there?

princess piglet 19 Jun 19 11:47 AM

you can download them every day and then print them off when you get home. Memory maker is great you can just ask any of the photographers to take your picture and sometimes they add Disney characters to the shots

kingphil 19 Jun 19 11:55 AM

It's great as they appear on your MDE app that you have on your phone.

You can then save them directly to your phone gallery or even share to Face Book so everyone back at home can see what a great time you are having.

Once you get back, save them all to your PC hard drive and then print off any you want yourself.

Minnie4Mickey 19 Jun 19 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess piglet (Post 13909987)
you can download them every day and then print them off when you get home. Memory maker is great you can just ask any of the photographers to take your picture and sometimes they add Disney characters to the shots

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingphil (Post 13909999)
It's great as they appear on your MDE app that you have on your phone.

You can then save them directly to your phone gallery or even share to Face Book so everyone back at home can see what a great time you are having.

Once you get back, save them all to your PC hard drive and then print off any you want yourself.

Thank you for the replies :) will definitely make more use out of it this time. Is there an expiry date on the pictures, so will the pictures from the first day of the holiday still be available when I come home?

Tsoski 19 Jun 19 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey (Post 13910004)
Thank you for the replies :) will definitely make more use out of it this time. Is there an expiry date on the pictures, so will the pictures from the first day of the holiday still be available when I come home?

They expire 45 days after the photo is taken, should be enough time unless your living the dream of a 2 month holiday :spin:

rudeboy 19 Jun 19 12:17 PM

Hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question. Do people tip the human photographers round the parks for memory maker? Just want to make sure I do the right thing.

amarooney 19 Jun 19 12:27 PM

No tip required. That would be a good perk for the photographers, I know having chatted to a guy from the UK who was taking photos who was saying their wages were poor.

Minnie18 19 Jun 19 01:23 PM

I didn't know about the 45 day thing and lost our photos 😭😪😭

Great advice on this thread op hope you get lots of lovely snaps taken. my tip would be don't get put off by big lines the photographers get through people quickly but in a lovely professional manner.

Nimbus 19 Jun 19 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey (Post 13909971)
I understand that all pictures taken around the parks are linked to your account if you show them your Disney ticket or magic bands. Are you then able to download and print your pictures yourself, or do you have to pay to have them printed over there?

Anyone can link pictures taken around the park to their account, whether they have Memory Maker or not.

What Memory Maker gives you is the ability to download the photos and then do with them what you want. You can print them off, put them on your Facebook page, whatever (assuming it's a non-commercial use).

So, yes, with Memory Maker you can download the photos and print them. You don't have to pay anything extra to do that.

There's some more information about Memory Maker on this guidebook page:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Mem...er-p-1452.html

HTH

Lumiona 19 Jun 19 01:42 PM

They are also fab for the ride photos, just zap your band against the relevant photo when you exit a ride.
We made full use out of the memory maker last time, they sometimes add a character post production which is nice.