theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   29th May - am I mad? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1192330)

wdw-wanderer 6 Apr 21 01:42 PM

We’re booked with Virgin to fly out on May 29th, but I doubt it will be happening. According to MCO’s website Virgin aren’t due to resume flights until June 1st - not sure if BA is the same.

Shooby doo 6 Apr 21 02:12 PM

I'm sorry I'm going to tell you to step away from the laptop!:pgig: I'm guessing that you are not over 50 (?) due to small children so haven't yet had your first jab? As I'm not due my second one until late May/Early June I honestly think that you will have to have had both to have any chance of going. Reading between the current lines I can see them also demanding a test before you go, at least one there & then yet another before you come back. That's assuming that the 17th happens of course, not what you want to hear of course but this from a guy who thought there was no way I wouldn't be there on May 6th when I had to cancel last year!
SD:d:

buzzbuzz 6 Apr 21 02:13 PM

all to gain with not a lot to lose, apart from the disappointment of not going if things don't work out. we are booked for early July, so i certainly hope you go!
good luck with it.

Suggs 6 Apr 21 02:23 PM

Really hope it happens for you. and fingers crossed.

Although we may be able to travel to the States from the 17th May we also need the States to allow UK travelers into the country. I am not sure that will happen in May.

Hughseysar 6 Apr 21 02:49 PM

I really hope you book as it’s a hope on the horizon and that’s so important ... we all need the positive so much.

cd900 6 Apr 21 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooby doo (Post 14910927)
I'm sorry I'm going to tell you to step away from the laptop!:pgig: I'm guessing that you are not over 50 (?) due to small children so haven't yet had your first jab? As I'm not due my second one until late May/Early June I honestly think that you will have to have had both to have any chance of going. Reading between the current lines I can see them also demanding a test before you go, at least one there & then yet another before you come back. That's assuming that the 17th happens of course, not what you want to hear of course but this from a guy who thought there was no way I wouldn't be there on May 6th when I had to cancel last year!
SD:d:

Thank you for a balanced opinion! We’re not vaccinated and not likely to be before we go. I would hope there would be an alternative to vaccination, like testing... it’s a risk! Anyway, I’ve tried multiple times to book and the BA website keeps crashing at the last stage. I’m wondering if I should take that as a sign 😄

SamShakes 6 Apr 21 02:57 PM

I would say go for it, BA’s deposits are so low and with the flexibility, you could move it! We are due to fly to Vegas on 31st May and still hoping to go 🤷🏻

Hughseysar 6 Apr 21 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamShakes (Post 14911008)
I would say go for it, BA’s deposits are so low and with the flexibility, you could move it! We are due to fly to Vegas on 31st May and still hoping to go 🤷🏻

Great ... hope you make it ... The day that 1st holiday flight across the pond takes off ... I might have to do a little dance , lol 😂😂😂😂

SamShakes 6 Apr 21 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughseysar (Post 14911022)
Great ... hope you make it ... They day that’s 1st holiday flight across the pond takes off ... I might have to do a little dance , lol 😂😂😂😂

Gosh can you imagine! I think everyone will be celebrating haha

Hughseysar 6 Apr 21 03:40 PM

There will be lots of tears when we all finally get back on those aircraft 🛫✈️🛬🎡🎢🎠🏰🏩🌅