theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Weddings and Honeymoons (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Those who were married at the courthouse (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1126984)

Zacknkeirasmum 3 May 19 03:59 PM

Those who were married at the courthouse

I have read that you don't need an appointment you can just turn up. My question is were there loads waiting? How long were you there in total?

Thanks xx

flang 11 May 19 01:23 PM

we went to the Osceola County Courthouse and were in and out with a certificate in 25mins. Really quick and really easy.

jamieolivia15 11 May 19 01:27 PM

My parents got married there in 2015 and they could’ve done it on the day for them, but we scheduled for another day so we could wear our outfits. Very quick and easy.

duchy 11 May 19 01:27 PM

We popped into Osceola for our licence (we chose a chapel outside of Orlando itself as I wanted something simple but not quite as basic as the courthouse) and the couple at the next desk were getting theirs too. They were told the wait would be about 20 minutes.

beezer 31 May 19 09:05 AM

We got married 4 years ago in the courthouse in Kissimmee . Printed off the license application online before we went. Turned up at 9.00 on a Monday morning , were married and out by 9.30. Make sure you get a few copies of the Wedding Certificate as it can be differcult to get another if you lose one.

ch1ps 2 Jun 19 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beezer (Post 13876000)
We got married 4 years ago in the courthouse in Kissimmee . Printed off the license application online before we went. Turned up at 9.00 on a Monday morning , were married and out by 9.30. Make sure you get a few copies of the Wedding Certificate as it can be differcult to get another if you lose one.

Hi beezer - can you get copies on the same day you get married at the courthouse, or do you need to return a different day?

beezer 11 Jun 19 01:20 PM

Sorry for the late reply . Yes , they ask how many copies you want , they are about $4 each, you may need a few as wife had to send them off to various departments to change her name when we got back home and it is hard to get another if one get lost.. . It was about $90 for the license and around $35 for the ceremony. they ask if you want god mentioned or not in the ceremony. You can take photos .
We didn't tell anyone so you could say we eloped.
After the wedding we went to the Magic kingdom and after years of promising DW we had a wedding lunch in the crystal palace with Winnie the poo !

ch1ps 11 Jun 19 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beezer (Post 13896383)
Sorry for the late reply . Yes , they ask how many copies you want , they are about $4 each, you may need a few as wife had to send them off to various departments to change her name when we got back home and it is hard to get another if one get lost.. . It was about $90 for the license and around $35 for the ceremony. they ask if you want god mentioned or not in the ceremony. You can take photos .
We didn't tell anyone so you could say we eloped.
After the wedding we went to the Magic kingdom and after years of promising DW we had a wedding lunch in the crystal palace with Winnie the poo !

Thanks for the extra information! We are off to Galway tomorrow to amongst other things buy my wedding ring. We want to do a quick courthouse marriage, it'll be the 2 of us, no family. Will need to get copies etc whilst there. Not sure where to go after, but want a nice restaurant :grin:

beezer 11 Jun 19 07:37 PM

Good luck . Hope everything goes well, sure it will. 👌😁