theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Saw something funny today, (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1079912)

BONDY LAD 11 May 18 08:50 PM

Saw something funny today,

This made me chuckle,whilst walking my dog this afternoon,there is a footy pitch nearby,I walk along the path by the side of it,anyhow,the guys were busy with their pitch markers,putting the white paint on the lines(always makes me think of yosser Hughes),so they finish and have a crafty cig behind their council van,just as they light up an identical council van pulls up along side theirs,two guys get out and promptly dismantle both sets of goal posts,put them in their van and drive off, if it were filmed it would be shown millions of times, the looks on the guys faces had to be seen to be believed,they were so stunned they didn’t even take a puff of their cigs,just stood there in total amazement, I thought it was really funny,small things eh, feel free to comment or add your own story, bondy.

walt4it 12 May 18 12:19 AM

You simply can't make it up!

Your Yosser Hughes thought has brought back so many thoughts about Boys From The Blackstuff:cool2::cool2:

I watch someone who will strim the grass at my place of work as they can't be bothered to get the lawnmower off the van - always looks rubbish and they wonder why they lost the contract!

Can't get anywhere near your experience today :pgig::pgig:

Wazza68 12 May 18 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD (Post 13245010)
This made me chuckle,whilst walking my dog this afternoon,there is a footy pitch nearby,I walk along the path by the side of it,anyhow,the guys were busy with their pitch markers,putting the white paint on the lines(always makes me think of yosser Hughes),so they finish and have a crafty cig behind their council van,just as they light up an identical council van pulls up along side theirs,two guys get out and promptly dismantle both sets of goal posts,put them in their van and drive off, if it were filmed it would be shown millions of times, the looks on the guys faces had to be seen to be believed,they were so stunned they didn’t even take a puff of their cigs,just stood there in total amazement, I thought it was really funny,small things eh, feel free to comment or add your own story, bondy.

Ahhh The efficiencies of local council is a wonderful thing to watch!
Boys from the Blackstuff - great memories for those of us of a certain vintage!

Dizzny Momma 12 May 18 03:54 PM

I wonder if the team just put their coats down for the goal and I wonder if the team with the goal posts didn't have any pitch markers LOL
Margaret

holidaysaver75 12 May 18 07:27 PM

Love it. You couldn’t write a comedy as good!

No one ever believes me when I say this, but we once saw one man putting cones down and another 50 yds behind picking them up again! We think they must have been train8ng someone.

BONDY LAD 12 May 18 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 (Post 13246630)
Love it. You couldn’t write a comedy as good!

No one ever believes me when I say this, but we once saw one man putting cones down and another 50 yds behind picking them up again! We think they must have been train8ng someone.

Love it,love it, bondy.