theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Opodo refund? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180022)

FizzyWhip 11 Sep 20 08:37 PM

Opodo refund?
 
Hi,has anyone been successful with getting a refund from opodo?
If you have , how did you manage it ?
We have used our last nerve on this shocking company and NatWest chargeback has massive delays so theyíre not helpful at the moment either !
TIA

Wishuponastar 11 Sep 20 08:49 PM

We got the money back through barclaycard in the end. Opodo were awful. They promised a full refund back by mid August but still kept sending me emails to choose a voucher. Barclaycard paid is the money back in by early September. Hope you get it sorted soon. Iíll never use them again.

FizzyWhip 11 Sep 20 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar (Post 14643168)
We got the money back through barclaycard in the end. Opodo were awful. They promised a full refund back by mid August but still kept sending me emails to choose a voucher. Barclaycard paid is the money back in by early September. Hope you get it sorted soon. Iíll never use them again.

Sorry to hear that but glad you got your money back in the end .
We havenít even had emails about vouchers !
We first cancelled our flights in June as we had the no quibble cancellation cover which we paid extra for but we have chased them since and 2 weeks ago we were told theyíd now forward it to the airline and just checked and theyíve said we raised the refund on 6th of sep! canít even phone anymore as they wonít recognise our booking ref.
Disgusting.
Have messaged the CEO now so will see what little good that does 😡

Wishuponastar 11 Sep 20 09:39 PM

I canít believe you had no quibble cancellation cover and they are still dragging their heels. Unbelievable! Let me know how you get on.

FizzyWhip 11 Sep 20 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar (Post 14643255)
I canít believe you had no quibble cancellation cover and they are still dragging their heels. Unbelievable! Let me know how you get on.

I know .. about £100 for the privilege of nowt !
Thank you , will do .

Lu Lu 12 Sep 20 08:56 AM

It took us 5 months and lots of threats but I did get a refund from Opodo eventually. I think they have closed a lot of communication routes now but I got further by emailing at customercare@case.opodo.com and lots of threats of chargebacks with my bank. Just have to keep being persistent.

FizzyWhip 14 Sep 20 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lu Lu (Post 14643550)
It took us 5 months and lots of threats but I did get a refund from Opodo eventually. I think they have closed a lot of communication routes now but I got further by emailing at customercare@case.opodo.com and lots of threats of chargebacks with my bank. Just have to keep being persistent.

Seems that way .
Absolutely awful service and lots of false promises of call backs etc.. Thanks for the email , Iíll see if dh has used that one already .

FizzyWhip 27 Sep 20 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar (Post 14643255)
I canít believe you had no quibble cancellation cover and they are still dragging their heels. Unbelievable! Let me know how you get on.

Thanks so much for your email suggestion, it worked and we got our money back about 3 days ago!
Dh did also email the CEO but no response (what a surprise) but think it was probably the address you gave us .
Thanks again

Lu Lu 27 Sep 20 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip (Post 14660998)
Thanks so much for your email suggestion, it worked and we got our money back about 3 days ago!
Dh did also email the CEO but no response (what a surprise) but think it was probably the address you gave us .
Thanks again


Youíre welcome, glad it helped! Yes we had tried CEO too with no luck!

FizzyWhip 27 Sep 20 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lu Lu (Post 14661166)
Youíre welcome, glad it helped! Yes we had tried CEO too with no luck!

Oh sorry Lu Lu , I quoted wrong person , Still in shock I think 😂
Thanks again !


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.