theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Swan and Dolphin - Compared to Beach Club (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1178051)

Leelashpurple 6 Aug 20 04:22 PM

Swan and Dolphin - Compared to Beach Club

I moved my booking from this year to next with Attraction Tickets staying at BC. Given there is no dining plan currently it is just too much so may cancel if no plan is released at a later date.

Thought I might try and get a cancel-able booking for Dolphin or Swan as I love the walkable location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Any pluses / minuses of the hotels and any advice?

outofdate 6 Aug 20 04:59 PM

I’ve been looking at swan and dolphin too. We normally stay at a moderate with free qsdp and upgrade to ddp. The swan and dolphin seem to be about the same price as a moderate, but deluxe standard. Everything I’ve read and seen seems to show they are beautiful and prob nicer than BC, but for less money. Only downside for us would be no DME, but an Uber would solve that one!

Hannah 6 Aug 20 05:01 PM

I love the Y&BC too but I don't think I will be able to afford to stay there again. Next time we do Disney, probably 2022, I'm going to book the Swan/Dolphin. Pool looks lush, lots of eating choices, apparently the most comfy beds in the world and a great location too.

Downsides are, as far as I can tell from research, are no Magical Express, no free transferring of luggage to/from Disney resorts, no magic band to use for room charging/in park charging (though you can buy one of you want), no real Disney theming.

Overall though I love the look and it looks like a luxury hotel for a Disney moderate equivalent price tag.

AliceCooper9 6 Aug 20 07:52 PM

One of downsides of Swan and Dolphin is the resort fee.
You need to factor that in as it quite pricey for a long stay.
The location of the Swan is the best as you can walk or boat ride to HS/Epcot/Boardwalk.
There are lots of restaurants to choose from.
It is near Fantasia Mini Golf and there are lots of pools.
It is deluxe standard. I would consider staying there again if there was no free dining available.

Tigger71 6 Aug 20 08:42 PM

I have stayed at YC last year and at Swan&Dolphin once but that was probably more than 20 years ago. I was there for a big conference - think the hotel is more business/conference than BC. Better restaurants than BC and location is very good.

Its a Marriott owned hotel so if you sign up to their loyalty scheme you can earn points I think.

YorkshireT 6 Aug 20 08:43 PM

I’ve had a Boardwalk 1 bed booked on my points for Xmas. Problem is I have to bank those points by end of next month. So instead I’ve booked a cancellable suite at Swan and Dolphin.
Swan and Dolphin for me is not Beach Club or Boardwalk but it’s location is nearly as good and it is hardly slumming it. This means I don’t lose (in normal times) nearly $3000 worth of points.

YorkshireT 6 Aug 20 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 (Post 14604247)
The location of the Swan is the best as you can walk or boat ride to HS/Epcot/Boardwalk.
It is deluxe standard. I would consider staying there again if there was no free dining available.

Swan is pretty good value at the moment. I could have got a standard room on an annual pass deal for around £1200 including resort fee but went with a suite at £1700. This is for 6 nights- a fraction of what Beach Club or Boardwalk would cost. Parking on top unfortunately which I get for free with my DVC.
If I rent my saved Boardwalk points in normal times it will cover that and make me some profit on top. So no point taking the risk on Boardwalk albeit ill be still a little hacked off if I go.

sha9 8 Aug 20 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 (Post 14604247)

We have the Dolphin booked for next year with resort fee included. It’s several hundred pounds cheaper than POFQ for the same dates so for me if there’s no free dining or other Disney offer it’s a no brainer.

KarenG 8 Aug 20 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 14605759)
We have the Dolphin booked for next year with resort fee included. It’s several hundred pounds cheaper than POFQ for the same dates so for me if there’s no free dining or other Disney offer it’s a no brainer.

This is exactly why we stayed (at the Swan) over NYE a few years ago. The cost was cheaper than the cheapest Moderate and £250 a night cheaper than Y&B which made the choice very easy!

AliceCooper9 8 Aug 20 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 14605759)

Definitely a no brainer decision if there is no free Disney dining available. It is a better resort than POFQ. Good to see you have the fee included. Just had a quick look and the fee is around $30+ daily.