theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 10 - Blizzard Beach & Checkers 2.4.17 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1015659)

lallan 6 Apr 17 03:17 PM

Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 10 - Blizzard Beach & Checkers 2.4.17

Day 10 - Blizzard Beach & Checkers 2.4.17

Walked - 6,347 steps (2.6miles/4.2km)

Spent - $206.85 boys spent $105

We had breakfast in the villa before heading to Blizzard Beach. It opened at 10am and we arrived around 10.30am. We got settled in a nice little beach area in Tike's Peak. I stayed here with DS3 while DH and the other two went around the lazy river. It was VERY hot today and being a Sunday the park was pretty busy. One thing I noted was that we never came across one single photopass cm here today. Last time we were here they were everywhere all around the park and always at the end of the slides. I've got some fab pics of the boys here from 2015 so I was disappointed there were none around today so no pics this time. DH and DS1&2 came back to us at the kiddie area and the 3 boys played here together for a bit.

After this DS2 was desperate to go on the big one, Summit Plummet. I'm not in to water slides or in fact any rides at all where you get wet. I don't know how thats came about as I used to love these kinda things when I was younger. So DH got talked in to taking DS2 on this. He's not too enthusiastic about these kinda things anymore either, especially as it's a vertical free fall one! DS1 looked at the slide and just point blank refused to ride lol. I'm so proud of DS2 and his confidence in the water now. Even after lessons, it was only a few years ago he wouldn't even go in the pool when we were on holiday as he just seemed to panic in the water. He's now the complete opposite and the bravest out of us all! He absolutely loved Summit Plummet and can't wait to tell all his friends about it :) He talked his dad in to doing some more of the big slides aswell while DS1&3 and I hung out at the kids zone.

We had taken a cooler with all our own food so had lunch and I sunbathed while the boys played in the sand. When DH and DS2 came back I went round the lazy river with the older 2 while DH played on the kids slides with DS3. After the lazy river the older 2 wanted to go and do the iceberg obstacles in Ski Patrol Training Camp.

We'd all had a great time here and by now it was already after 4pm and we'd all had enough. Being in and out the water paired with the heat really takes it out you and we all felt knackered!

We left and headed back towards Buenaventura Lakes area. We stopped in at Checkers for dinner. For $15.05 we got all this...

The meal deal is 4 for $3 and you get a burger (choice of spicy chicken burger, hamburger, cheeseburger or fish burger) fries, a drink and a warm apple pie. It's crazy cheap and the burger was soooooo tasty! Much better than Burger King or McD's.

DS3 got a $2 snack box with popcorn chicken and fries. It was tastier than KFC.

The seasoned fries are so amazing. Wish we had discovered Checkers before now!

After we finished our food we got two ice cream tubs to share a buck each so $2.15 inc tax for two. These were huge, much bigger than McDs sundaes!

We agreed on a little shopping after this...
Ross first where $35.45 was spent on shorts for DH (no pic as he wore them and they're in the wash!) and an LED wireless speaker for back home $17.99

TJ Maxx next where $101.20 was spent on puma socks x2 $4 packs for the boys and $7.99 for DH's

Orange chunky knit Ralph Lauren jumper for me $16 and a grey cardigan $6 and Michael Kors 50ml sporty citrus EDP $29 all in clearance.

Grey DKNY towels, $5.99 for hand towel and $7.99 for bath towel and $5.99 for a bath pillow.

Walmart next. Spent $161.76. Stocked up on some food and snacks for the villa and the boys bought some things with their own money. DS2 bought a headset and a game for Xbox one. Not sure on prices as I can't find this receipt!

Quick stop in Dollar Tree. $6.24 on a few pairs of sunglasses as the boys seem to all have lost theirs!

It was 9pm when we got home and we were all ready for our beds by this point. A really long day and we had an even longer one planned for tomorrow... last visit to Magic Kingdom!

app 6 Apr 17 03:32 PM

New Photo Added by lallan - 6 Apr 17 3:32 PM.

disneytrio 6 Apr 17 03:39 PM

Wow that's an amazing price for all that food, espeacilly as it was good aswell, I've never been there but will definitely have to pay a visit.
Great day!

mick 6 Apr 17 05:22 PM

Good day and some bargains with your shopping trip :spin:

Joan :wave:

WileyCoyote 7 Apr 17 08:32 AM

Wow, outstanding value on that meal.
Great bargains too.
Lovely day.

Floridajill 7 Apr 17 09:18 AM

Great report. Adding checkers to my list too as the food looked amazing and very budget friendly!

Jake71 7 Apr 17 09:33 AM

That's a long day at Blizzard Beach, we usually only last till about 2 at the latest. We always drive past Checkers, maybe we'll give it a try in the future. Finishing the day with some great bargains. No wonder you were all shattered when you got home.

JanetteP 7 Apr 17 09:39 AM

Great day - never been to Checkers, but looks really good - added to my list.:thumbs-up