theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Heathrow Parking (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180931)

Alohomora 29 Sep 20 03:43 PM

Heathrow Parking

Hi all

Just making some arrangements for next year ;)

I have never parked at Heathrow before and wondered who people generally leave their cars with.

I would prefer to leave it in a secure compound but I don't like the idea of Meet and Greet. I would like them to just park it in their compound once we have the suitcases out.

We normally use APH at Gatwick and like the set up there.

Thanks for any help. :d:

cornishfrogboy 29 Sep 20 03:50 PM

That sounds like Purple parking on Bath Road. It is secure, covered parking, right next door to the Premier Inn. You hand them the keys as you arrive and park up. They load your bags and shuttle you to the terminal.

We use this service, Prem Inn and Purple, every time. We even count it as part of the vacation.

Alohomora 29 Sep 20 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy (Post 14663296)
That sounds like Purple parking on Bath Road. It is secure, covered parking, right next door to the Premier Inn. You hand them the keys as you arrive and park up. They load your bags and shuttle you to the terminal.

We use this service, Prem Inn and Purple, every time. We even count it as part of the vacation.

Brilliant, thank you. Being totally unfamiliar with Heathrow, is it easy to access from T3 please?

Last time I flew from LHR was my honeymoon in 2001 😁

Thanks again

cornishfrogboy 29 Sep 20 05:39 PM

Yes.
Have a look at their site and it explains pick up in a shuttle both ways.

lizzie145 29 Sep 20 08:53 PM

This is where I have booked for my trip tomorrow as right next to the premier inn. Just get on the right shuttle

2point 29 Sep 20 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy (Post 14663296)

Thanks for that, just booked for end of October. Bargain price.

sbuck93 29 Sep 20 10:11 PM

We used Purple Parking on Bath Road last week, no problems at all.

martyn321 4 Oct 20 08:49 PM

Hi,

Im trying to decide whether to use there meet and greet or not as im reading a fair few bad reviews about the meet and greet, but we are a family of 4 who bring a lot of luggage and it sounds ideal.

Is the shuttle to and from the car park a bus? The shuttles weve used in gatwick have all been very busy buses and it makes the end of the holiday pretty horrid (please no smart replies about pack less).

TIA

cornishfrogboy 5 Oct 20 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyn321 (Post 14668524)
Hi,

Im trying to decide whether to use there meet and greet or not as im reading a fair few bad reviews about the meet and greet, but we are a family of 4 who bring a lot of luggage and it sounds ideal.

Is the shuttle to and from the car park a bus? The shuttles weve used in gatwick have all been very busy buses and it makes the end of the holiday pretty horrid (please no smart replies about pack less).

TIA

Its a Hoppa type bus that tows a box trailer with your luggage inside. These run very regularly.

They do not overcrowd it and the driver generally helps with the luggage.

It is IMHO a good service.

rjhsteel 7 Oct 20 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyn321 (Post 14668524)
Hi,

TIA

What did the bad reviews say? We are looking to book this next year as well...