theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   29th May - am I mad? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1192330)

JessBlu 6 Apr 21 10:54 AM

If you are happy to ride the what if rollercoaster then I don’t see an issue !

The early worm and all that !

cd900 6 Apr 21 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katy341 (Post 14910525)
We should be going may 25th thankfully we can amend with tui (despite prices bring crazy!) We would have gone 25th May 100% however, we see on the availability calendar that HS is not available at all for our entire stay and MK is starting to fill up too. Serves us right for not sorting tickets but I didnt really think it would go ahead...flights were too much of a bargain!

We are amending today and will pay the 900 extra🙈 for October x

I just saw that on the availability calendar but I could cope without HS. In fact, it would take the time pressure off a bit for a week if we only had 3 parks to do. Would’ve loved to see Galaxy’s Edge but were planning a proper trip next summer so will have plenty of time to do everything then! I’m sure I could happily fill the week at MK, Epcot, AK and Disney springs.

Chilli-pepper 6 Apr 21 12:01 PM

We are booked and due to go on the 29th May - I'll see you on the plane and give you a wave :wavey:

Fimble 6 Apr 21 12:06 PM

I'll have my fingers crossed for you all. If you're brave enough to go during this time, hopefully it turns out great for those that do! If it does that's good news for us all.

Disclaimer: I am not encouraging anyone to be or not be a guinea pig.

BigSkip 6 Apr 21 12:09 PM

Hoping to go on the 28th May, non-Disney trip, just to shop, eat and relax in the sun :-)

Will book nearer the time though.

Claudette 6 Apr 21 12:13 PM

I can’t imagine myself booking something for end May right now, but when you say it is only £150 deposit, well it isn’t th end of the world is it.

I am looking forward to the day when a dibber makes it over there and reports back though.

Hughseysar 6 Apr 21 12:41 PM

I would definitely go for it ... it’s so worth the risk

meanwoodwhite 6 Apr 21 12:45 PM

I'm feeling a bit bad about changing my flights to August now.

We were originally due to fly out on May 17th and I'll be sick if I see flights setting off.

What I'm worried about is that the further in the summer it goes and tourism ramps up then they start to closing travel corridors up again. A bit like last summer.

shelle 6 Apr 21 12:51 PM

We're booked to travel on 25th May and just riding it out. Hopefully we will get to go.

If I wasn't already booked I think I'd be looking at booking it for May anyway. The longer the borders are open the more chance of the virus spreading faster and USA moving down the traffic light system. So if they do open in May(and that's a big if) then I think it will be the best time to go.

If you have very little to risk then I say go for it. If it's BA would they not give you the deposit as a voucher anyway?

Egon 6 Apr 21 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite (Post 14910745)
I'm feeling a bit bad about changing my flights to August now.

We were originally due to fly out on May 17th and I'll be sick if I see flights setting off.

What I'm worried about is that the further in the summer it goes and tourism ramps up then they start to closing travel corridors up again. A bit like last summer.

i did the same as im not due my 2nd vaccine until june. i swapped my may 25th holiday for the 9th July.