theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Where does everyone stay in Anaheim (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1224869)

ShenzyT 23 May 22 11:08 AM

Where does everyone stay in Anaheim

Folks that have stayed in Anaheim. Which hotel have you stayed in ?
We looking for July this year. We’re a family of 4, myself, hubby, dd16 & ds14.
Xx

Bad Pink Tink 23 May 22 11:14 AM

I updated the Dibb guidebook page about hotels and places to stay in Anaheim
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Har...ls-p-1023.html

Basically most people stay offsite as the 3 onsite hotels are over priced and dont have the same amenities or perks as the onsite WDW resorts.

It comes down to what your priorities are

Do you want to walk to the Disneyland from your hotel?
Do you want amenities at your hotel?
Do you want inside corridors or are you ok with motel style outside corridors?
Your budget
Your party make up
Do you need parking for a hire car?

Rabel 23 May 22 11:33 AM

I've stayed at Paradise Pier and Grand Californian about 6 years ago. Both very different but at the time it was worth it (locale and proximity to the parks). There was less theming than in WDW and I think that both have been renovated since I stayed there. I did not use the pools etc so no idea on that.

I enjoyed the Grand Californian and its separate entrance to Californian Adventure. When I went the morning workout in the park was free and that was well worth it. We also did a tour of the art work in the hotel which was long but interesting. However it is expensive for what it is.

Claudette 23 May 22 11:57 AM

We have only been once and we stayed at the Grand Californian. We are going back in December but will not stay in a Disney hotel again, I find is offensive to pay £500 a night and not get a daily housekeeping service. If it were not for that cutback, I would have been quite interested to try the Disneyland Hotel.

But we will be offsite, I have booked the Westin which is about a twenty minute walk from the parks. I was very tempted to try the Courtyard by Marriott Themepark Entrance hotel, but I was put off by bunk beds in every room and an understandable emphasis on being a family hotel, which obviously suits the location perfectly but is not for us.

There are so many nearby options, it is hard to pick one out. I initially searched on the Disneyland.disney.go.com site and it sorted them into “across the street”, “under 1/2 mile”, “1/2 mile to 1 mile” etc categories which I found helpful.

Wismgari 23 May 22 12:52 PM

I stayed at the Kings Inn earlier this month. My criteria were cheap, decent reviews and under 20 min walk from the parks. It was $90 per night (plus $10 per night parking). It was a basic motel, but very comfortable, clean, quiet, good service, and the walk was just over 15 mins depending on how long we had to wait to cross the roads. I would 100% stay there again. Another plus was we could leave the car there until midnight on check out day, so we could do Disney until our 10.30pm flight without having to worry about moving the car.

It may be a bit more basic, and a little further than some people like, but for us it was great.

shack69 23 May 22 01:43 PM

We have stayed at a couple of places over the years , the last was Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort which is a suites hotel and includes breakfast, it is also next to the toy story parking lot.
On of the others was https://www.hojoanaheim.com/webcam/ which is directly across the road and has park views.
The homewood suites was a better hotel but was a little further to walk.

danisleigh 23 May 22 01:54 PM

We haven’t been before but have booked the Best western plus park place inn across the road. We narrowed it down to that, Fairfield inn and suites and the grand legacy at the park and as it is still 10 months away we will keep an eye on prices and see if we can get a bargain!

sky13 23 May 22 02:56 PM

Most recent trip in 2018 was split - few nights at the Fairfield Inn and a few nights at the Grand Californian.

The Fairfield Inn was cheap but I would rate it as quite a bit below Pop at WDW. The rooms weren't as nice as Pop (despite a recent refurbishment when we stayed at the Fairfield Inn) and it was genuinely just a place to sleep.

Grand Californian in contrast was absolutely fantastic, we loved it, and occasionally still mention about how much we liked it 4 years down the line - but it was definitely on the expensive side! It was Christmas season when we were there so the fireplace in the lobby was amazing, there was the giant Christmas tree, gingerbread house, carollers in the lobby, Santa Claus occasionally popped up... Went on the free tour of the hotel and also the morning walk in DCA that was running back then. CMs there were invariably fantastic. Proximity to the parks was also amazing, we used to head out in the morning in jackets and then halfway through the morning as it got warmer I'd just grab all the jackets and wander back to the room to put them back before heading back into the parks. Or ride Grizzly River Run, get completely soaked, then just wander back to the room and shower.

I do suspect a lot of the perks with staying on site might have gone with COVID-19 though and there weren't that many to begin with!

Other places I considered include the Hyatt House and the SpringHill Suites - both a further walk away from Disneyland but that are relatively new and the rooms looked quite nice.

But there are actually really a lot of hotels/motels within walking distance of Disneyland to consider, and there is a wide range in quality/type of hotel/motel there. Prices also vary considerably depending on time of year and whether there is a nearby convention going on (Anaheim convention centre). Worth just going to Expedia or booking.com and seeing what is available for your dates and seeing what the reviews look like there too...

americanv8 24 May 22 12:08 PM

We're staying Hyatt Place this year, it was one of the only ones (within our price bracket) i could find with a suitable bedroom arrangement for 2 Adults & DS 14, DD 13

Bad Pink Tink 24 May 22 12:14 PM

I have previously stayed at
  • Motel 6 Main Gate
  • Tropicana Hotel
  • Desert Inn and Suites

I am returning to Desert Inn and Suites for my June trip.

When I go to Anaheim my main priorities are budget and walking distance to the park. I have very low tolerance for walking distance, under 10 minutes is my limit.

I spend 12 to 14 hours per day in the parks, so I have no need for hotel amenities. I just want somewhere to store my luggage, sleep and shower.

I will try to find the cheapest rate per night for my dates and will check multiple properties and compare prices.

I have no issue with motel style outside corridors.