theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Park bag and hand luggage. First time with no push chair (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129133)

TC Devon 18 May 19 07:17 AM

Park bag and hand luggage. First time with no push chair

So the children will be 6 and 9, and it will be the first year without a pushchair. Not sure how my son will manage as he has zero stamina and hates the heat (August visit so it will be hot!) Although my daughter will be9, she has asd so often sat in pushchair last time when it got too much (hood down and hid) and we get her through the crowds. Next time she will be far too big for this. We may end up buying one if my son struggles because when he is tired he is zero fun!. If not how do I down size all the park essentials so me and DH can carry them. No point the children having own park bags as I know i’ll end up carrying them.

So our essentials are:
Money, phones, sun lotion, drinks, snacks, cool towels x2, anti bac, wet wipes, poncho/pac-a-Mac’s, ear defenders, misting fans for children and portable charger.

So what bag do I get? I need something that’s not going to dig in, be too sweaty and is waterproof. Preferably has a few compartments so it’s easier to find things. I can also use it for hand luggage as well. My husband has a ruck sack for himself so he will take drinks/frozen waters and snacks. The heavier stuff.

Thanks

scoobydooby 18 May 19 07:40 AM

I’ve tried all sorts of bags over the years but has settled on Kath Kidston fold up ruck sacks. Probably other places do them too but I’ve had mine from there. They are light. Big enough but not too big. Showerproof. Washable. Foldable. Comfortable. Unless you’re going super light I find these have worked best for me. Weight is distributed and they fit on all the Disney rides.

dollydaydream7 18 May 19 07:48 AM

I’d go for a backpack, be much easier to carry things around. Also maybe get mini sun creams and anti bac wipes to save a little space.

Mrs Red C 18 May 19 08:01 AM

I'd also go with a comfy back pack and a bum bag for phone, or smaller items etc. Think about renting a locker if things are too heavy to carry.

Sew109 18 May 19 08:04 AM

Our daughter was 8 when we went still bought cheap buggy on eBay and left it there, yes she was too big for it and only got in when very tired or we put her in when we knew she would not keep up on long walk but had icebox underneath.

Mo&Chris 19 May 19 06:28 PM

We swear by the Decathlon backpacks

Only a couple of quid a go, and they hold a surprising amount.

Mo usually has one on, and I can easily throw one on the back of my scooter.

/Chris

Floridatilly 19 May 19 06:32 PM

I would consider a pram for your 6 year old. We always use one that has a huge hood so the little one can sit in the shade. Grumpy, hot, tired 6 year olds are not fun lol
Our youngest will be 7 when we go next year and he is already very tall for his age so it will be his first trip without a pram!
I am going to take suncream, small pack of wet wipes, tissues, lip balm with sun factor, camera and that’s it.
Also planning on taking lots of brakes with some free iced water!
I think my husband will wear a back pack, I am certainly not carrying one lol

slicer 19 May 19 06:46 PM

Hi

Just wondered which buggy you use for the older child. Our GS will be 5yrs old when we travel in August and think we will use a buggy in case he gets over tired. We used one of the cheap umbrella-type for our trip in May 2018, but think he might be a bit big for that particular one this year. Didn't want to pay a lot for it because it won't be used after this holiday. Thanks in advance.

Sue x

TC Devon 19 May 19 08:27 PM

He will be almost seven when we go so not little but he never has much energy at the best of times. The heat just Knocks him more. Does nt help that he is a picky eater and does nt eat much. I’m wondering whether to hunt in the garage for his old battered city jogger and just take that. I can just leave it there when we go home.

cumbrian lakes 20 May 19 06:28 AM

We are not taking one for a 6 year old. Take it at their pace. We did not use one last year. Check with the airline to see if you can take one free of charge for a 7 year old.