theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Bright largest moderate rooms. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1145065)

Bertiebear 10 Sep 19 07:38 AM

Bright largest moderate rooms.

Done some number crunching and seems what we spent last year is the same as if we’d be on the dining plan. We were offsite so going to give on a go. Looking at the YC/BC but if funds don’t permit:spin: what’s the largest Moderate rooms on property? What are the lightest feel as in terms of decor? I looked at FC and like it as a resort but not sure on the decor? I know some people say it’s only a room to sleep in but I won’t treat it as that myself. Don’t really want dark furniture etc. Probably sounds strange to some. :spin:

chmurf 10 Sep 19 07:46 AM

Moderates have rather dark rooms

in terms of decor and brightness, I'd probably have a look at the Grand Destino Tower at CSR, upper levels to take advantage of more light
but the price might hurt compared to other moderates

what you could also have a look into, is Old Key West, for a Studio
they are the largest "standard" rooms on property, the decor is rather light and bright, and the property is very nice
you can get it with free DDP and usually with a 30% discount on top of free DDP (from past history) and it's considered a Deluxe resort.

wdw-wanderer 10 Sep 19 07:49 AM

The Gran Destino tower rooms at Coronado Springs are larger than any other moderate rooms we’ve stayed in at Riversiide (both parts) & French Quarter - haven’t been to Caribbean Beach yet, though. The room was very spacious, well lit and bright - but the corridors are full-on orange! Maybe have a search for some photos online?

Bertiebear 10 Sep 19 07:56 AM

Thanks will watch some YouTube room tours. :)

Bertiebear 10 Sep 19 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer (Post 14064069)
The Gran Destino tower rooms at Coronado Springs are larger than any other moderate rooms we’ve stayed in at Riversiide (both parts) & French Quarter - haven’t been to Caribbean Beach yet, though. The room was very spacious, well lit and bright - but the corridors are full-on orange! Maybe have a search for some photos online?

How did you find the windows as an odd shape?

KarenG 10 Sep 19 08:34 AM

The corner rooms in the traditional Moderates at CBR and both Port Orleans (and maybe CSR, can’t remember) have TWO windows if they are corner rooms. It makes a big difference to how light the rooms are.

wdw-wanderer 10 Sep 19 08:35 AM

The window in our room was rectangular - I think the arched windows are those in the top level restaurants and club level lounge. No balcony, but our room on the 4th floor was lovely and light, especially if you drew back the net curtains as well. The Tower rooms are well appointed with lots of USB charging points and sockets though it doesn’t feel Disneyfied and they need to sort out the check in system. It took ages as all guests for the other 3 areas also check in at the tower while the former check in area remains empty. The lifts (elevators) are amazing - you preselect the floor you want and then you’re directed to a specific lift which provides a non-stop ride.

sprocket 10 Sep 19 09:06 AM

Moderate rooms are pretty much the same, with open walkways past your windows. So the problem is you have to chose between light or privacy. With the blinds open, the rooms feel brighter, but everyone walking past can see right in.

You have the towers at CSR, but you pay a premium and when I was pricing it was cheaper to go deluxe which has the upgraded dining plan.

Most of the moderates have been refurbished so have a brighter decor which does help. It really depends on how much time you will be spending in the room.

Bertiebear 10 Sep 19 09:15 AM

Thanks guys! :)

chmurf 10 Sep 19 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 14064119)
The corner rooms in the traditional Moderates at CBR and both Port Orleans (and maybe CSR, can’t remember) have TWO windows if they are corner rooms. It makes a big difference to how light the rooms are.

yes, but corner rooms is just a request that cannot be guaranteed.

I've stayed at POR, CSR and CBR in corner rooms at all of them (it's always my number one request before requesting a level) we've found that most of the time, if not all of the time, the curtains or blinds were drawn, just as @sprocket said, for privacy purposes.

and even then, it didn't make the room much brighter. At all 3 moderates we stayed at, there was a covered walkway running in front of the room, and that took out most of the light

POR at the bayou was the worst for this (still that's the location we love the most among all moderates) because of the lush vegetation, and that zone is very dark

then at CBR we had a room facing north, so no direct sunlight all day ... real dark with the covered walkway around the building

To be honest we always requested corner rooms, because we read it was supposed to be more light inside. But from our experience, it made no real difference compared to a standard room