theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Here Now! first WDW family holiday - Day 15. Epcot (take 2) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=873655)

scottishnellie 27 Apr 15 02:00 PM

Here Now! first WDW family holiday - Day 15. Epcot (take 2)

Today the original plan was to go to Magic Kingdom, which would be the Eastons first visit and our second visit. However, we have a big day planned at Magic Kingdom on Wed 29th for Emmas birthday and we felt that 3 days in total at MK would be too much for us.

So we decided we would let the Eastons do MK themselves and we would instead go back to Epcot to finish what we hadn't done on the day we got rained off. I also needed a morning in the villa to catch up as we have been full on for the past few days, so wanted an afternoon start. The Eastons have MYW tickets and would not be revisiting Epcot.

So, we kept the Easton fastpasses as they were originally booked, and they went off to MK. We changed ours to Test Track and Mission Space in the afternoon, and I spent the morning stripping beds, cleaning loos and floors, catching up with the washings, and finishing trip reports.

We were ready to leave the villa at 12:30 and let Hannah chose where to go for lunch before Epcot. She has been dying to try the waffle house down the road so chose that.

Hannah and Kieran both had double choc chip waffles with chocolate milk, then diet cokes. Kevin had a double Angus burger and hash browns, I had a grilled chicken salad with Italian dressing. It was all very tasty.

We headed for Epcot arriving just before 2pm. The only thing we had not finished from Future World last week was Test Track and we had a FP for that 4:30-5:30 so we headed to The World Showcase.

We picked up one of the Agent P handset things and headed for Mexico. At first it seemed like this would be fun. We solved the piņata thing in Mexico, liked that it set things off in the area, uncovered a secret symbol in a display case, all going well. Until it started sending us back to areas we had already been in and had seen everything in. We were not up for doubling back forth to the same places and had assumed it would work its way round in a good order, but we had solved things in the main square, so had already spent time looking round that area and then moved on to the main foyer where we solved something else, then it wanted to send us back to the main square for another mission. Err, do not think so! So that got banished to my pocket for the rest of the showcase until we could hand it back.

The park was full of dance troupes everywhere as there was some kind of dance championship on in the events pavilion, so there were all these groups of people in identical outfits and make-up going around. Interesting to look at but they were so LOUD! Squealing and yelling at each other.

Worked our way around the countries, dipping in and out of some things but the only place we spent a really long time in was Japan, as that is Hannahs current topic at school. She spent ages taking photos, reading all the facts, writing notes and buying trinkets.

Kevin and I eventually left her to it and bagged a seat in the shade. We were struggling with the heat today. The only way to keep Kieran cool was to soak him by pouring cold water over his head until his upper half was soaked through, then do it again as soon as he started to dry. We also soaked his dads buff (stretchy headwear thing) and he would wear that dripping down his head, neck and back. Today would be the day I didn't bring the ice towels of course! The weather had predicted rain so I assumed it wouldn't be too hot. How wrong was I?

I take it the ride in the back ground is the one that is closed to be turned into the Frozen ride?

With it being the Flower & Garden festival there are loads of lovely displays so we got lots of photos of those.

We finished the world showcase by 5pm and headed to use our FP for Test Track. This was brilliant. The kids enjoyed designing their car and then Kieran sent the whole ride steering with his invisible steering wheel as you can see from the ride photo! The guy sitting beside us in the back row thought this was hilarious.

We came off and used our FP for Mission Space. Loved this again. Still fascinated by how they manage to give you that heavy feeling of pressure during lift off. Amazing.

It was now after 6pm and we were tired and hot. We had considered staying for Illuminations tonight but ruled that out, hoping to see it tomorrow night after Beaches and Cream instead. Messaged the Eastons in MK to see how they were doing and we all agreed it was a night for a take away and a dip in the pool. We headed home via the Chinese for Hannah and I, and the Indian for Kevin and Keiran. Thank goodness they are next to each other at Berry Town Centre!

We didn't catch up with the Eastons as we ended the night flaked out on the couch watching X-men. I was nodding off by 10pm, as was Kieran, so we went to bed and left Kevin and Hannah watching the film.

I don't have a run down of the Eastons day at MK as we have not caught up yet, but I will add a few of their photopass photos and it looks like they had a great time!

app 27 Apr 15 02:11 PM

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 27 Apr 15 2:11 PM.

Guest 27 Apr 15 02:13 PM

Looks like you've had another brilliant day..
Reading these reports is making me so excited, less than 2 weeks to go!

JoJo88 27 Apr 15 03:41 PM

Another lovely day! When is it that you come home? I'll miss your daily updates once you do! x

scottishnellie 27 Apr 15 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJo88 (Post 10588628)
Another lovely day! When is it that you come home? I'll miss your daily updates once you do! x

We are here for 22 nights so 3rd may. Trying not to think about it!

Jake71 27 Apr 15 04:53 PM

A great day in EPCOT. Shame about the Agent P thing, but it didn't seem to bother you too much. I'm so looking forward to trying the new Test Track, your face is brilliant in the photo. Your MM photos look excellent too.

I'm another who is completely enjoying your daily updates and will miss them, but let's not think about that for now. Looking forward to the big day at Magic Kingdom this week.

Disney Den 27 Apr 15 07:43 PM

I always suffer from the heat at World Showcase so I understand how you all felt. The Flower and Garden festival looks lovely.

Guest 27 Apr 15 09:02 PM

Great day, love todays photo's, sounds like you were all shattered :d::d:

Guest 28 Apr 15 06:45 AM

Looks like both families had a fab day, lovin the pics

mick 28 Apr 15 09:12 AM

Another great day:spin:

Joan :wave: